Writing Essay | Homework Help Websites
Johnny, the CEO of Plastic Spoon Inc., is in a bit of a bind. His daughter was kidnapped. The kidnappers are demanding a hefty ransom. Unfortunately for Johnny, he cannot afford the ransom. So, Johnny withdraws the ransom money from Plastic Spoon’s account, and he pays the kidnappers. After returning with his daughter, the directors of the corporation notice the missing funds. The directors report the loss to the police. The directors suspect that Johnny misappropriated the funds, and they tell the police about their suspicions. The police search Johnny’s home without a warrant. They find a letter Johnny was writing that confirms that Johnny took the money for the corporation to pay the kidnappers. The police arrest Johnny, and he is charged with theft. Johnny is charged with embezzlement.
The elements of embezzlement in this state are: The intentional taking of money or property by a CEO or other top official in a corporation without consent.
- Are the elements of embezzlement present in this fact pattern?
- What affirmative defenses can Johnny raise?
- Can Johnny get the letter seized by the police suppressed? Why?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.