Why do some managers hate the performance evaluation? | MGMT 310 | American Military University
April 26th, 2020
Week 6 Paper Topic: Why Do Some Managers Hate the Performance Evaluation?
Some managers would rather get a root canal than go through the performance evaluation process with their direct reports. Why? What does research tell you?
As you respond to the two questions listed above, please address the following:
- What traits does an effective manager display in the workplace?
- Is there a profile for a manager who may struggle with the evaluation process?
- What are the key elements of a successful employee evaluation process? How should a manager prepare for the event?
- Develop an evaluation form for your direct reports and show how the evaluation criterion correlates to the organization’s objectives.
- The assignment should be between 5-7 pages which include the cover page and reference page.
- Your paper should include an introduction and conclusion that summarize the contents of the entire paper.
- Your paper should be written in proper APA format. This link will take you to the section of the APUS library that can assist you with formatting: apus.campusguides.com/content.php
- References: A minimum of two references are required for this assignment. You may use your textbook as a reference in addition to the two references.
***Must be submitted as a .doc or .docx file. All other submissions will receive a zero. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure proper submission of their assignment***