(week 7) two set of discussions questions to post for mba level human
Please Read Instructions First: This assignment for discussions questions “does not” require APA style. I have to post to discussion board for an online class. I attached an “example format for discussion questions” so you can see how the discussions questions should be formatted and answered. All work should be original with no plagiarism and in proper English grammar. The responses should include answering the main discussion questions, fully, including proper cites as well. If you use citations, I should be able to look it up online to find where you got it from. (USE ALL AMERICAN PUBLICATIONS, CITATIONS AND RESOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT!) The professor requires that the questions be restated and then answered for the discussion questions. I highlighted the questions in “red, bold, italic and underlined” so you would know exactly which ones to restate and answer. If this is not done, it is his option to deduct formatting points and I could get a “0” for the work. The more in-depth the information is, the better, as long as you fully answer each set of discussions questions. Discussion Questions Set 1 should be about two pages including restating the questions. Discussion Questions Set 2 should be about two pages including restating the questions.
Discussion Questions Set 1 “Training Assessment” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine you are a new employee in a human resource (HR) department. Your first task is to develop a stress management seminar for the employees. Determine the topics that should be covered in the seminar. Support your selection of the topics.
- Develop criteria to assist in selecting the vendor to use for the training.
- Class, stress is the number 1 worker’s compensation claim today. The reality is that today’ workplace is a stressful environment to be in. Organizations that must run “lean and mean” to be profitable expect their employees to perform at a consistently higher rate with less resources. Managers are underneath considerable stress to maximize profits, and efficiency, without increasing overhead. The global market has demanded that innovation to be a such a level that organizations are challenged to keep up with their competitors. Indeed, innovate or die, has taken on a whole new meaning. Having said that, today’s forward looking organizations develop strategies that help employees deal with stress through introducing programs such as employee assistance plans, workplace wellness plans, social events, and open space working environments. Google is a great example, they expect a lot of their employees, but have designed the work place to allow for “mental breaks” from the worker’s tasks. Look at your own organization, or a past one, is it stressful? If you were asked on ways to reduce the stress in the organization, what suggestions would you offer?
Discussion Questions Set 2 “Training Effectiveness” Please respond to the following:
- Go to the Chief Learning Officer’s (CLO) Website and read the article titled “Southwest Airlines: Employee Education Takes Flight”. Next, determine if Southwest’s method of training is an effective way to conduct training. Support your position. Provide one recommendation for improvement.
- Compare the following training methods: presentations, case studies, simulations, and discussions. Determine which training method you believe to be the most effective and explain why.
- Class, when we discuss training in today’s workplace HR must take a different approach than seen in prior years. First, today’s worker looks for organizations that provide training. The worker of today ties training to career growth and enhancement. Secondly, the Internet has provided a new modality to how training is conducted. Many organizations have implemented on-line training as a cost effective method to reach all their employees. This is not to say that it is the most effective in terms of retention and skill transfer, but it is one of the most cost efficient. The other issue that often plagues trainers is their approach. If we were to look at training theory there are two (2) main schools, pedagogy which focuses on children, e.g. rote memory and andrology which is adult training. Adult training focuses on application of skill, in other words, how can the worker apply what they have learned to their work place. Take a look at adult learning theory, how does your understanding of adult learning theory influence your selection of training methods?