Week 7 discussion needs done asap
In your studies for this unit, you have read about many approaches to motivating employees through such methods as compensation and incentive programs. For this discussion, address the following questions:
- What motivational approaches does your organization use? You can use the organization where you currently work or have worked, where you have volunteered, or where you have been involved in some way—as long as you have sufficient information to fully answer these questions.
- Does your organization use job enlargement, job enrichment, or job rotation? Are these methods effective, in terms of individual or collective employee achievement?
- How do intrinsic motivational approaches affect employees’ performance and behaviors?
- What motivational approaches are most effective for you? Explain why.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to at least one other learner. When responding to others, seek clarification, share your personal experiences that relate to their experiences, and provide feedback. Determine whether there are any approaches that are overused or underused. Also, compare your preferred motivational approach to that of other learners and note any patterns that emerge. Provide citations to support your analyses, using at least two external resources.
Reminder: Initial posts are due on Thursday. Response posts are due by Saturday at the latest.
Performance Management and Compensation
In your studies for this unit, you have examined common pay myths, and the importance of aligning pay with organizational strategies. For this discussion, address the following:
- Describe how the pay myths presented in the Pfeffer article may be hindering your organization’s pay practices. (You can use any organization, as long as you have sufficient information to fully answer these questions.)
- Describe how your organization has improved pay practices to avoid pay myths and align compensation strategies with business goals.
- Describe how performance appraisals, compensation, and incentive programs can affect business and organizational goals.
- 3 parapgraphs 2 references