Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the instructions each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 04/08/20 at 8pm.
Discussion – Week 7
Top of Form
Individuals who are coming out, or revealing their sexual and/or gender orientation to others, often feel very alone and isolated in their experiences, especially if they are not connected to a support network that is understanding and knowledgeable about the topic. This also can be true for family members and close friends of individuals who are coming out, as they often face their own personal reactions to the coming out process as well.
In addition to the support they may receive through counseling during the coming out process, clients may benefit from connecting to local community resources designed to provide informational, emotional, and social support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals and their families. As counselors, it is important to be aware of resources that are available within your community so that you can help your clients connect with these resources when they need additional support.
To prepare for this Discussion, consider some of the challenges LGBTIQ clients may face as they come out in their sexual orientation to others. Then locate resources in your community or state for LGBTIQ clients who are in the process of coming out.
Click Here to Place Order
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 an explanation of two challenges LGBTIQ clients may face as they come out in their sexual orientation to others. Then describe the resource you identified that serves this population and provide a link to its’ website. Finally, describe the services this resource provides and explain how they would be helpful to clients and their families.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
· Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
· Chapter 7, “Gender Identity and Affectional Sexual Orientation”
· Article: ALGBTIC (2018). ALGBTIC Competencies for counseling LGBQQIA Clients and ALGBTIC Competencies for counseling Transgender Clients. Retrieved from http://www.algbtic.org/competencies.html
· Article: Baiocco, R., Fontanesi, L., Santamaria, F., Ioverno, S., Marasco, B., Baumgartner, E., Willoughby, B. L., and Laghi, F. (2015). Negative Parental Responses to Coming Out and Family Functioning in a Sample of Lesbian and Gay Young Adults. Journal of Child and family studies 24(5), 1490–1500. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Collazo, A., Austin, A., &Craig, S.L. (2013). Facilitating Transition Among Transgender Clients: Components of Effective Clinical Practice. Clinical Social Work Journal, 41: 228-237.
· Article: D’amico, E., Julien, D., Tremblay, N., & Chartrand, E. (2015). Gay, lesbian, and bisexual youths coming out to their parents: Parental reactions and youths’ outcomes. Journal of GLBT Family Studies, 11(5), 411–437. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Ehrensaft, D. (2014). Found in Transition: Our Littlest Transgender People. Contemporary Psychoanalysis, (50)4: 571-592.
· Article: Goldfried, M. R., & Goldfried, A. P. (2001). The importance of parental support in the lives of gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 57(5), 681–693. Retrieved from the Walden Library using the Academic Search Complete database.
· Article: Russell, S. T., & Fish, J. N. (2016). Mental Health in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Youth. ANNUAL REVIEW OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, VOL 12, 12, 465–487. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Sherer I. Social Transition: Supporting Our Youngest Transgender Children. Pediatrics. 2016;137(3):e20154358
· Article: Snapp, S. D., Watson, R. J., Russell, S. T., Diaz, R. M., & Ryan, C. (2015). Social Support Networks for LGBT Young Adults: Low-Cost Strategies for Positive Adjustment. Family Relations, (3), 420. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (2011). Coming out stories. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 43 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services and strive to maintain the highest standards of work for all our clients. Our writers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instructions form while at the same time being surgical and objective while handling client work.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who adhere to our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper. Hence regardless of the complexity or duration of a paper, our system determines the most accurate and pocket-friendly price for all our clients.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline. This leaves room for editing to incase the client wants changes done to the work delivered by our writers.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our papers. Our writers stick to the instructions to deliver plagiarism-free work. Other than that, they extensively research the work they are handling and are keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers. Our editors check every completed work to ascertain it’s at the set standards.
Our main objective is to assist you through every step of your academic journey. Thus, we completely understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when interacting with our system. If you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email us.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our writers will give you the best results.
Our team is skilled and equipped in searching for information required to complete work handed over to them. Regardless of the complexity of the work, we are determined to get the job done. Extensive research when handling client requests makes it possible for us to be able to stick to the boundaries and guidelines set by the clients. Thus enabling us to keep the work original and plagiarism free.
We have highly qualified writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to not only help students get good grades but also excel in their studies. Our writers are highly experienced and educated specialists and professionals who want to do more than creating a difference in the academic field.
Our editors have a keen eye when going through work. They can capture even the smallest of errors. This has been made possible by the fact that we have been in the academic field for more than 5 years now. Thus, they bring with them previous experience when going through work to be able to capture everything. These unique skills make it possible for us to deliver error-free work to our clients.
Our team has very experienced specialists and professionals. This gives us a competitive edge over our competitors. Whenever we receive work that needs to be redone, everyone gets involved. That’s inclusive of our editors. This collective involvement in doing work makes it possible for us to deliver high-quality work to all our clients. Other than that it makes it possible for us to adhere to our originality and plagiarism-free policies.