Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. Please follow the instructions to get full credit. I need this completed by 04/11/2020 at 6pm.
Assignment – Week 7
For this week’s Assignment, you are to consider the needs of clients who are transitioning. Specifically, you are to focus on what affirmative counseling might look like considering three potential phases of transitioning: Social transition, HRT, and Gender Alignment Surgery. To prepare for this Assignment, consider potential challenges a client might face. Then consider counseling strategies that could be used to address these challenges.
The Assignment (2- to 3-page paper):
For each of the three potential phases of transitioning:
• Explain two challenges a client might face.
• Explain two strategies a counselor might use to address each challenge.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
• Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
• Chapter 7, “Gender Identity and Affectional Sexual Orientation”
• Article: ALGBTIC (2018). ALGBTIC Competencies for counseling LGBQQIA Clients and ALGBTIC Competencies for counseling Transgender Clients. Retrieved from http://www.algbtic.org/competencies.html
• Article: Baiocco, R., Fontanesi, L., Santamaria, F., Ioverno, S., Marasco, B., Baumgartner, E., Willoughby, B. L., and Laghi, F. (2015). Negative Parental Responses to Coming Out and Family Functioning in a Sample of Lesbian and Gay Young Adults. Journal of Child and family studies 24(5), 1490–1500. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Article: Collazo, A., Austin, A., &Craig, S.L. (2013). Facilitating Transition Among Transgender Clients: Components of Effective Clinical Practice. Clinical Social Work Journal, 41: 228-237.
• Article: D’amico, E., Julien, D., Tremblay, N., & Chartrand, E. (2015). Gay, lesbian, and bisexual youths coming out to their parents: Parental reactions and youths’ outcomes. Journal of GLBT Family Studies, 11(5), 411–437. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Article: Ehrensaft, D. (2014). Found in Transition: Our Littlest Transgender People. Contemporary Psychoanalysis, (50)4: 571-592.
• Article: Goldfried, M. R., & Goldfried, A. P. (2001). The importance of parental support in the lives of gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 57(5), 681–693. Retrieved from the Walden Library using the Academic Search Complete database.
• Article: Russell, S. T., & Fish, J. N. (2016). Mental Health in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Youth. ANNUAL REVIEW OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, VOL 12, 12, 465–487. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Article: Sherer I. Social Transition: Supporting Our Youngest Transgender Children. Pediatrics. 2016;137(3):e20154358
• Article: Snapp, S. D., Watson, R. J., Russell, S. T., Diaz, R. M., & Ryan, C. (2015). Social Support Networks for LGBT Young Adults: Low-Cost Strategies for Positive Adjustment. Family Relations, (3), 420. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
• Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (2011). Coming out stories. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 43 minutes.
Why Choose Us
Professional Academic Writers
Customer Support 24/7
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
Admission and Business Papers
Editing and Proofreading