Week 5 soci/4080 assign | Social Science homework help
Week 5 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources. To access select media resources, please use the media player below and/or the course DVD (as applicable).
General Education Learning Outcomes (The DEEP-C Model)
- Discovery: Students will locate and identify appropriate sources of information using multiple sources and methods, including bibliographic, textual, experiential, and experimental research.
- Evaluation: Students will critically assess texts and arguments in multiple forms and contexts using quantitative and qualitative logic, the scientific method, ethics, and pragmatics.
- Expression: Students will effectively and ethically communicate information and opinions verbally and nonverbally using written, oral, behavioral, and visual methods adapted for diverse audiences and purposes.
- Perspective: Students will be able to articulate the consistency and flexibility of knowledge as it is experienced across time, space, and culture.
- Change: Students will articulate how their ability to discover, evaluate, and express ideas from different perspectives is instrumental in their progress toward achieving personal goals and effecting positive social change.
- Loeb, P. R. (2010). Soul of a citizen: Living with conviction in challenging times (Rev. ed.). New York, NY: St. Martin’s Griffin.
- Chapter 8, “Village Politics” (pp. 195–227)
- Chapter 9, “Widening the Circle” (pp. 228–256)
- Chapter 10, “Pieces of a Vision” (pp. 257–286)
Group Project Resources
Social Media and Disaster Response
Journal: Effective, Consistent, and Ethical Communication
Information is used in various ways, including as a tool to gain support, influence behaviors and decisions, and alter one’s perspectives. When you encounter new information, does it sway your opinion? The source of the information, the way it is presented, and the people or issue (s) that benefit from public reaction to the information all play a role in determining quality information. As both a consumer and producer of information, it is important to consider the methods used to effectively and ethically communicate to a broad audience
In this week’s Journal Assignment, you examine the effectiveness of your Group Project.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Walden University’s DEEP-C Model General Education Learning Outcomes “Expression” and “Perspective” in the Syllabus.
- Consider “Expression” and “Perspective” as they relate to your Group Project.
- Review your Topic Exploration and Analysis and Literature Review to ensure that your group’s publicity campaign is effective, has an ethical approach, and has a consistent message.
Write a 2- to 3- paragraph journal entry in which you address the following:
- Consider how nonverbal communication and the formatting of written communication (style, formatting, correct grammar, spelling, etc.) enhance or detract from the effectiveness and consistency of the work you produce.
- Reflect on ways the effectiveness of your Group Project’s publicity approach can vary according to audience and context.
- Think about the ways an ethical publicity approach could influence a broader audience.