Voting and the Role of Interest Groups | Homework Help Websites
November 6th, 2018
Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Determine three roles that interest groups play in American politics in terms of impacting election outcomes.
- What about the largest interest group…the American voter?
- What are some examples of interest groups or special interests that…well…people don’t really think of as interest groups or special interests?
- Are special interest groups and lobbyists really that powerful? If so, what does that say about the voter that continues to vote for them?
- What are some of the differences between “good” special interests and “bad” special interests? How can you tell the difference?
- What role does the media play in making some “good” special interests seem bad and “bad” special interests seem good to the voter?
- What role does voter fraud play in elections and what are some ways that voter fraud is committed?