View the video and answer the questions in 350 to 500 words (the191)
View the video that appears below and answer the questions that follow.
Academic Integrity: Answers must be of your own work, thinking, and writing.
Quality of Answers: Your answers should be complete, accurate, clearly written and presented, and concise. Use complete sentences.
Length of Answers: The answers to all (not each) of your questions for this assignment, taken together, must be between 350 and 500 words, not including the words in the questions or prompts. That means a total of 350 to 500 words for the entire assignment.
Presentation: Use 1-inch margins on all four sides of the page, black ink and one of the following fonts: Time New Roman, Arial, or Cambria. Use font sizes 11 or 12. Use double spacing.
Assessment: To gain points for this assignment, you must first ensure that you follow all instructions. Failure to do so will result in zero points. Once you have ensured that you have followed all instructions, you can then begin to earn points according to the assignment rubric.
Note: This assignment is due by the beginning of the f2f class session on Thursday, November 16.
Click on the link, below, and view the video multiple times. As you do so, think about how theatrical lighting and scenery help to create the environment and support the action at specific moments in the performance. Then, answer these questions:
- Identify and describe two feelings evoked by the lighting, the scenery, or the combination of the lighting and the scenery in the video. You may talk in general terms about the entire video, or you may talk in specific terms about specific moments, or you may do one of each. When referring to specific moments, include the minute and second at which it occurs or begins to occur.
- How do the lights, the scenery, or both evoke the feelings you identified in the previous question?
- How would you describe the environment created? Is the environment realistic, theatrical, or both? Briefly describe at least two examples of why you think so.
- Identify one time at which the environment changes in a significant way. What effect or feeling does the change create? (surprise, anxiety, mystery, relief, thrill, horror, etc.) Briefly describe how the change of environment creates the feeling.
To submit this assignment:
1. Follow all instructions carefully.
2. Copy the questions associated with the video you chose into a Microsoft Word document.
3. Read the rubric for this assignment to understand how you will be assessed, remembering that, at a minimum, you must follow all instructions to gain any points.
4. Answer the questions.
5. Upload that document to this assignment by clicking on the submit button to the right.
Rubric, Assignment :Total Points: 30.0
15.0 pts—-Answers demonstrate student learning of concepts and depth of thought.
15.0 pts—-Answers demonstrate clear and careful written expression, including correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.