Unix OS with Window OS Assignment | Homework For You
October 9th, 2019
The Operating Systemacts as an interface between the user and the computer hardware. Compare and contrast the Unix OS with Window OS in terms of the following:
Justify your statements with suitable examples and references. 12 marks.
- Short Answer Questions
- Is Open Source OS really more secure? Justify your answer 5 marks
- In a multiprogramming and time-sharing environment, several users share the system simultaneously. This situation can result in various security problems.
- What are two such problems?
- Can we ensure the same degree of security in a time-shared machine as we have in a dedicated machine? Explain your answer.7 marks
- What is the purpose of having a kernel and What is the least functionality a kernel has to provide usually (Hint: Usually a minimal kernel provides three properties)? 4 marks
- Where does the rest of the system reside and how does the rest of the system interact with the kernel? 2 marks. Get Networking homework help for you today