Unit 7 safety supervisor | Human Resource Management homework help
- __________ is defined in the textbook as the mechanization of processes by the use of automatically controlled conveying equipment.
- Barrier guards can prevent injuries from all of the following sources EXCEPT:
machine failure and electrical failure.
direct contact with exposed moving parts.
work in process.
- According to ANSI B15.1, when a flywheel, shaft, or coupling is located so that any part of it is less than __________ feet above a floor or work platform, it must be safeguarded in one of several methods.
- When power presses sometimes repeat a power stroke (sometimes as a result of a malfunction), safeguarding is used in the form of __________ to prevent this from occurring.
secondary operations protection
removable guards or enclosures
- __________ have two common defects that present a hazard to workers: split handle and loose or chipped heads.
- An important factor to consider in __________ is the maximum size of openings.
a safeguard program
- To be generally acceptable under the literature provided by the National Safety Council, a safeguard should exhibit all of the following EXCEPT:
be considered a permanent part of the machine.
be resistant to fire and corrosion.
hinder access to danger zones and points of operation.
conform to or exceed applicable ANSI and OSHA standards/requirements.
- Portable power tools are divided into which four groups according to power source?
Electric, explosive, hydraulic, and internal combustion
Internal combustion, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric
Explosive, electric, internal combustion, and pneumatic
Hydraulic, internal combustion, explosive, and electric
- If a company does not have a safety professional, it should get advice from any of the following EXCEPT:
the insurance company safety engineer.
the National Safety Council.
- Double insulated tools that have been tested and listed by Underwriters Laboratories carry the UL mark:
circle within a circle.
square within a square.
diamond within a diamond.
- Discuss the concept of properly carrying and tracking tools on the job. Could a lost tool present a problem? (min 200 words).
1. Powder-actuated fastening tools are common on many jobs. Discuss some of the issues with these tools and what steps must be taken to ensure the safety of all personnel working around these tools. (200 words).