Unit 1 IP Assignments | Online Homework Help
The Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Layer 3 (Network Layer) is one of the layers that performs packet segmentation. The OSI Layer 3 is roughly equivalent to the Internet Layer of the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) model, and Layer 4 (Transport Layer) of the OSI model is roughly equivalent to the Host-to-Host layer of the TCP/IP model. The above two layers perform network segmentation. Based on the above information, answer the following questions:
- Describe in detail how packets are segmented by the Host-to-Host Layer (Transport Layer) and Internet Layer of the TCP/IP model.
- Do all packets arrive at their destination in the order in which they were segmented and transmitted? Why or why not?
- Describe how segmented packets are rearranged or reassembled at the packets’ destination to ensure that received segmented packets match the order in which they were segmented and transmitted.
Click Here to Place Order
- How are errors handled during transmission of segmented packets?
- What is the difference between a TCP segment and an IP packet?
Please answer the above questions to write your paper of 4–5 pages. As you answer each question, you must provide support or evidence that will enhance and empirically prove your answers. Academic information technology (IT) articles or real-life IT findings that are not found in journals or other academic sources must be used in supporting your answers. Please use APA style for all cited sources, including your reference page.
Please include the following elements in your paper of 4–5 pages:
- A title page
- A report that includes the following:
- An introduction to the contents of the report
- Detailed explanations about the items listed regarding network segmentation, error handling, TCP segments, and TCP packets.
Please cite your references in APA format.
For more information on APA, please visit the library, and click on the Citation Resources link.