This ATC relates to the material covered in Chapter 3 and our Supplemental materials giving an overview of civil procedure. These materials are generally focused on the development of the American legal system, the structure of our courts, and understanding procedural rules relating to the initiation of litigation. Please complete the following exercises.
1. Find the website for one of each type of court (municipal, district, and superior) below and provide the following information:
a. Name, address, and telephone number
b. Jurisdiction (limited or general) and what types of matters are heard
c. Number of judges
2. Give the link for the website address where one can find a directory of each court in Washington State.
3. How many circuits are there and in what federal circuit is Washington State located? Find and provide the link for one of the federal courts located in Washington State.
4. Locate the Internet address for the Washington State Legislature and identify one bill introduced during 2011 or 2012. Give the bill number, title, summary of the bills, and current status.
5. Washington State has recently passed a law that requires each community and university faculty member to submit their lectures in advance of presentation to a board for review to ensure that the materials comply with school policies prohibiting “controversial” subject matter or content. Your office has been assigned to represent a group of faculty members from across the state in challenging this law on the basis that it violates First Amendment rights under the U.S. Constitution. In researching this case, you see that a similar case was filed by a group of faculty members in the State of Georgia. The group of faculty members won on their challenge to the constitutionality of the state’s statute when the Georgia State Supreme Court ruled that the law was an unconstitutional restraint on the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Provide a “Yes,” or “No,” response followed by a two to three sentence explanation.
a. Can your office bring this case in Washington State Court?
b. Can your office challenge this law in a Federal district court?
c. Can you cite to the Georgia State Supreme Court decision? How would you describe this authority?
6. Find and provide the link to example of the following documents. (Document examples must be from/for Washington State.)
d. Request for Admissions
e. Motion for Summary Judgment
7. Find the statute that discusses the Statute of Limitations for civil actions.
8. Provide one to two sentences about what you learned from this assignment.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.