1) A significant part of a manager’s job in an organization is to use the tools and techniques developed through organizational behavior research to increase organizational
2) With self-managed teams, the manager’s new role is to
A) interview and select new team members.
B) provide advice and support as a coach.
C) take responsibility for the team.
D) train new recruits for the team.
3) Once the organization has gathered the necessary resources, the ________ stage begins.
4) The ethics of an organization are based on all of the following except
B) moral rules.
5) Rick Ward, human resources manager for May and Simmons Company, is developing a new benefits package that can be customized to provide care for unmarried life partners and workers caring for aged parents. Such a program would meet the ________ challenge of managing diversity.
6) Which of the following is not true of global differences?
A) Americans have an individualistic orientation toward work.
B) In Europe, the average employee receives from four to six weeks paid vacation a year.
C) Level of performance is the main determinant of promotion across the globe.
D) Japanese people have a collectivist orientation toward work.
7) ________ is the process by which organizations cut costs by laying off managers and workers.
C) Strategic planning
D) Corporate empowerment
8) It has been estimated that about ________ of the U.S. workforce today consists of part-time employees.
A) 15 percent
B) 40 percent
C) 30 percent
D) 20 percent
9) According to OB research, which of the following will not characterize organizations in the future?
A) Organizations will maintain a large, full-time labor force.
B) Freelancers will be hired when needed.
C) Part-time employees will not be “true organizational employees.”
D) Core employees will be highly trained and rewarded.
10) Which of the following was not a problem when Standard Textile Company opened its facility in Linyi, China?
A) Defective custom machine parts
B) The heating system
C) The supply of low-cost labor
D) Polluted water
11) Standard Textile Company’s Chinese employees are not always comfortable
A) learning new techniques.
B) performing their jobs well.
C) taking the initiative.
D) All of the above
12) Experience from research on separated identical twins suggests that approximately ________ percent of the variation in people’s personalities can be attributed to genetic factors.
13) It is very important for managers to understand that
A) they need to take into account individual differences in personality.
B) they can change a worker’s personality only with the permission of the worker.
C) a worker who complains a lot probably has personality problems.
D) personality does not affect how people perform at their jobs.
14) Which one of the following is not one of the big five traits of personality?
15) Individuals with an ________ believe that their own actions and behaviors have an impact on what happens to them and their fate.
A) internal locus of control
B) external locus of control
C) extrasensory personality
D) established self-image
16) Scales used to measure various personality traits are based on
A) trained professionals rating the actions of observed subjects.
B) individuals answering a series of questions about themselves.
C) procedures that are expensive and time consuming.
D) None of the above
17) A person who can correctly determine who is the most proficient member of a work group from a series of comparisons across members is displaying
A) the ability to see relationships.
B) spatial ability.
C) reasoning ability.
D) deductive ability.
18) Cognitive and physical abilities can degenerate or become impaired because of
A) excessive stress.
B) drug abuse.
D) All of the above
19) A person’s thoughts and feelings about the meaning and nature of work itself are called
20) Work values are important for understanding and managing organizational behavior because they
A) change from hour to hour and minute to minute.
B) reveal how people feel when they are performing their jobs.
C) reflect what people are trying to achieve through and at work.
D) enable managers to manipulate their workers.
21) Assuming employees will be motivated by more interesting work assumes that ________ work values are important to employees.
22) Which of the following can a manger or organization do to promote positive moods in the workplace?
A) Promoting social interaction
B) Giving praise when it is deserved
C) Providing attractive, comfortable working conditions
D) All of the above
23) Which of the following is true of trust?
A) Trust is an expression of confidence in another person or group that you will not be put at risk, harmed, or injured by their actions.
B) A lack of trust between employees and managers is often symptomatic of more widespread problems.
C) Trust can enhance cooperation.
D) All of the above
24) The facet model forces managers and researchers to recognize that
A) jobs do not affect employees.
B) jobs affect employees in limited ways.
C) jobs affect employees in multiple ways.
D) None of the above
25) Employers’ attempts to develop “family-friendly” policies and benefits are an effort to
A) reduce insurance costs.
B) reduce governmental regulation.
C) appeal to all employees’ motivator needs.
D) address an important job facet for many employees.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise the quality of our essay services. Our essay helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements in the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all paper writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
MyHomeworkWriters guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy. As such, MyHomeworkWriters ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Essay Writing Services
MyHomeworkWriters holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality academic services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements and wait for quality results.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our essay help service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop essay help services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of essay writing services.