1. (1 point) Evaluate the following lac operon partial diploids. Indicate whether the production of functional β-galactosidase from lacZ and of permease from lacY is “inducible”, “constitutive”, “absent” or “noninducible” for each partial diplod
a. F’ I+-p+o+Z+Y+ X F- I+p+o+Z-Y-
b. F’ I+-p+ocZ+Y- X F- I+p+o+Z-Y+ c. F’ I+-p+ocZ-Y+ X F- Isp+o+Z+Y+
2~3 Describe the effects on attenuation and on tryptophan synthesis of the following mutations of the two tryptophan codons (UGGUGG) in the attenuator region of operon.
2. (1 point) The tryptophan codons are mutated to UAGUGG. 3. (1 point) The tryptophan codons are mutated to UUGUUG.
4. (1 point) What would be the phenotype of a null mutation in the CRP protein gene in the regulation of Lac operon and why?
5. (1point) What would be the phenotype of a “constitutively expressed” mutation in the CRP protein gene in the regulation of Lac operon (i.e. CRP proteins are always highly expressed) and why?
6. (2 points) A repressible operon system, like the trp operon, contains three genes, G, Z, and W. Operon genes are synthesized when the end product of the operon synthesis pathway is absent, but there is no synthesis when the end product is present. One of these genes is an operator, one is a regulatory protein, and the other is a structural enzyme involved in synthesis of the end product. In the table below, “+” indicates that the enzyme is synthesized by the operon, and “-“ means that no enzyme synthesis occurs. Use this information to determine which gene corresponds to each operon function.
G+Z+W+ ￼ ￼ +
G-Z+W+ ￼ ￼ + G+Z-W+ ￼ ￼ – G+Z+W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G-Z+W+/G+Z-W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G+Z-W+/G-Z+W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G-Z-W-/G+Z+W+ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G+Z+W-/G-Z-W+ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ +
7. (1 point) Gene A is maternally imprinted (silenced) while Gene B is paternally imprinted when imprinted silencing occurs. A Mom with Genes A and B imprinted and a Dad with an imprinted Gene A have a daughter and a son. The children then marry individuals known not to be silenced for either gene. What is the imprint status of the daughter and son respectively? If each marriage results in the birth of a daughter and a son, what would you expect the imprint status of genes A and B to be for the grandchildren?
8 ~ 9. On a rare occasion, human can be born with a condition known as “uniparental disomy”. This happens when an individual inherited both copies of a chromosome from one parent but no copies from the other parent. For example, abnormal sperm that lacks chromosome 15 can fertilize an egg that contains two copies of chromosome 15. This is known as maternal uniparental disomy 15. Alternatively, there are cases of paternal disomy 15 (an abnormal sperm with two copies of chromosome 15 fertilizes an egg with no copies).
8. (1 point) If a female is born with paternal disomy 15, would you expect her to be normal or have Angelman syndrome (AS) or have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS)? And explain why?
9. (1point) Would you expect her to produce normal offspring or offspring affected with AS or PWS?
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.