Transformational Leadership Assignment | Homework for You
Transformational Leadership: An ideal practice in cardiology scenario
In this assignment utilize course resources to examine the principles of team leadership and how to work collaboratively with stakeholders. Promoting the role of nurse practitioner practice, consider an ideal practice in which you are a member of the clinical team.
GOAL: Analyze the principles of TRANSFORMATIONAL leadership you will utilize in your leadership role as a nurse practitioner within the practice environment of cardiology. I want to create an IDEAL scenario with supporting information.
1. Thesis statement: Pertains to role of nurse practitioner in an interdisciplinary team in an inpatient setting specializing in cardiology utilizing transformational leadership
2. Review the theoretical and evidence-based literature [must use google scholar, requires 5 sources, no more than 5 years old in publication]as it pertains to concept analysis of innovative nurse practitioner led teams using transformational leadership.
3. Compare and contrast your ideal practice to the current environment witnessed in either current clinical or past clinical.
-Example for ideal practice to be proposed is how independent NP service lines in cardiology have better outcomes in quality and safety compared to MD service lines. Currently in the inpatient setting, an NP has to work with an MD when it comes to evaluating and implementing management for the patient. I want to prove that if we change this practice and allow NPs to work independently, metrics involving safety, quality, and decreased hospitalizations will occur at a greater percentage compared to the current model.
4. Propose interventions/actions which reflect interprofessional collaboration, integrating ethical, legal social factors in the decision-making.
5. Describe facilitators and/or barriers to the team based environment in your ideal clinical practice site.
6. Identify measurable outcomes expected as a result of optimizing care or addressing the administrative challenge based upon the knowledge gained through the course, and the proposed interventions.
-Utilize SMART acronym:
• Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
• Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
• Achievable (agreed, attainable).
• Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
• Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
7. Discuss your strategies in the current health system environment to transform current practice to your ideal practice.
– Discuss limitations that prevent my ideal practice from occurring
9. References: APA 7th!