Training Project Assignments | Online Homework Help
Training – Summer 2019 Instructor: Dan Stezenko
TRAINING PROJECT: To design and deliver a training session (40%)
This is a major project wherein you will work in teams. You have selected your teams. All students are required to attend all training sessions.
Marks for training plan delivery will include attendance at training sessions.
PHASE 1: Training Needs Analysis & Training Proposal
This portion of the assignment is valued at 30% (a uniform mark for team participants will be given unless team members have attempted to address issues related to non-performance by a team member and have discussed it with the professor in advance of the due date.)
- Training Needs Analysis – 10%
- Tool design (i.e., questionnaire, survey, focus group agenda, and questions, etc. – note, technology may be used i.e., survey monkey)
- Effective use of tool (s)
- Report of findings (including narrative and graphs)
- Training Proposal and Content – 20%
- Does the proposal “Sell” the program to senior management
- General description of training
- Evaluation Method (i.e., quiz)
- Benefits of training (ROI) – Organization, Society, Employee (student)
- Target group (audience defined)
- Costs summarized
- Performance Objectives (SMART)
- Training Plan
- Varied methods of delivery (i.e, lecture, small group discussion, active participation of audience, strong engagement of audience)
- Learning style(s) applicable for each method of delivery
iii. List of responsibilities (names and responsibilities)
- Materials required (flip chart, power point, markers, food, handouts, etc.)
- Power points, Agenda, handout(s)
- Room set up (narrative and diagram)
PHASE 2: Training Plan Delivery (in class presentation) – 10%
As a team you will deliver your training session to the class. This portion of the assignment is valued at 10%. You will be evaluated individually based on your presentation and delivery skills.
- Time: Each training session will run 50 minutes (10 minute break between training groups in 2 hour class).
- Attendance: Mandatory attendance is required for all students for all training presentations.
- Team Presentation Criteria (Using a Lesson Plan)
- Logical sequencing
- Knowledge of topic
- Visual Aids
- Confidence level
- Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Voice)
- Time management (adherence to agenda)
- Involvement of audience
- Engagement of audience
- Variety of training methods
- Flexibility (for discussion or no discussion)
- Bridging between team members
- Evaluation of training – Evaluation of Student Reactions (i.e., Table 11.3, p. 338), AND Evaluation of Student Learning (i.e., table 11.4, p. 340)
Phase 1: 30%
Phase 2: 10%
Individual marks will be given for presentation and delivery. A group mark will be given for the training package (Phase 1 and Phase 2 documents).
Through this assignment you must demonstrate an understanding and application of the concepts covered in class and the textbook. As a group, you are expected to plan and deliver a 50-minute training session. The Training Project is worth 40% of your final grade for the course.
The following must be included in the Final Training Package in typed APA format and submitted on the day the presentation is delivered:
- Minutes of group meetings kept and submitted with your final package. The minutes must indicate date and time of meeting, adjournment time, members present, tasks assigned, due dates and status of completion of assigned tasks.
- Training needs analysis completed to identify training that is wanted/needed by your classmates. Suggestions for needs assessment techniques include surveys, questionnaires and/or focus groups. You must design the tool conduct the assessment and assess the results. Submit samples of your tool(s), a report of findings including graphs and your conclusions justified by your findings with you final training package.
- Training proposal developed to support decision makers (in this case your professor) in deciding whether or not training should be conducted. Consider this as the document that will “sell” your training program to management. You must include a general description of the training to be conducted, how it will be evaluated, the benefits of conducting the training, the target group, and a summary of the costs associated with the training. (See Phase 1 (b) above for complete listing of proposal contents)
- Performance Objectives identified that outline out the learning, which the trainees will be able to achieve as a result of the training.
- Training Plan, (lesson Plan) which identifies in greater detail the methods of training employed to meet the objectives identified in the previous step, the learning style(s) which apply to the training method, materials required, allocated time, etc. The plan identifies the lead for each section, a schedule, and list of materials required. In designing the training plan, consideration is given to the nature of the objectives, training strategies and tactics, sequencing of training activities, constraints, learning principles, target population, and any other relevant factors.
- Training Evaluations used at the end of the training session to assess learning of the participants and to assess participant reactions to the training. Include blank questionnaires, reports summarizing the findings (include graphs), and copies of the completed evaluations.
ALL group participants must be involved in the presentation. The training delivery includes the actual delivery of the training and the handout material. Handouts include an agenda and any other information required to support participant engagement, understanding and learning. Apply effective conflict resolution techniques as appropriate to ensure an effective team product and presentation