Thesis Writing Assignment | Buy Assignments Online
Introduction, Thesis Statement, and Annotated Bibliography
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Prepare: To help with the preparation of your annotated bibliography, review the following tutorials and resources from the Ashford Writing Center:
- Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site.
- Annotated Bibliography TutorialLinks to an external site.
- Annotated BibliographyLinks to an external site.
- Evaluating SourcesLinks to an external site.
Reflect: Reflect back on the Week 1 discussion in which you shared with the class the global societal issue that you would like to further address. ExpThesislore critical insights that were shared by your peers and/or your instructor on the topic chosen and begin your search for scholarly sources with those insights in mind.
Write: For this assignment, review the Annotated Bibliography Formatting Guidelines and address the following prompts:
- Introductory paragraph to topic (refer to the Final Paper guidelines for your topic selection).
- Write an introductory paragraph with at least 150 words that clearly explains the topic, the importance of further research, and ethical implications.
- Thesis statement.
- Write a direct and concise thesis statement, which will become the solution to the problem that you will argue or prove in the Week 5 Final Paper. (A thesis statement should be a concise, declarative statement. The thesis statement must appear at the end of the introductory paragraph.)
- Annotated bibliography.
- Develop an annotated bibliography to indicate the quality of the sources you have read.
- Summarize in your own words how the source contributes to the solution of the global societal issue for each annotation.
- Address fully the purpose, content, evidence, and relation to other sources you found on this topic (your annotation should be one to two paragraphs long—150 words or more.
- Include no less than five scholarly sources in the annotated bibliography that will be used to support the major points of the Final Paper.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills by accurately interpreting evidence used to support various positions of the topic.
The Introduction, Thesis Statement, and Annotated Bibliography
- Must be 1,000 to 1,250 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA StyleLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must document in APA style any information used from sources, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s In-Text Citation GuideLinks to an external site..
- Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay based on the Turnitin report. References list will be excluded from the Turnitin originality score.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style. See the Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you!
- Click HERE to instantly chat with an online tutor.
- Click HERE to submit your paper for a review. Papers are returned within 24 hours with a revision plan.
- Click HERELinks to an external site. to email us any writing questions.
- For additional writing resources like GrammarlyLinks to an external site., click on the Writing Center tab in the left navigation pane.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.