Points Possible 100.0
Resubmissions Allowed? No
Attachments checked for originality? Yes
SOCIOLOGY 498 – Senior Seminar in Sociology
FINAL RESEARCH PAPER (100 points):
TOPIC: The Sociology of Mass Media and Social Media
As part of the academic rigor in this course, you will be expected to write a 12-17 page paper (page count not including cover page, references, etc) The purpose of the paper is for you to be able to explore a topic of interest to you from a sociological perspective. To do so, you must accomplish the following:
* Clearly state your thesis/research question and how it is significant to the study of society
* Select a minimum of 12 peer reviewed articles and 3 other sources which will permit you to explore and evaluate sociological research and perspectives on your thesis/question –
– discussion of each article should include noting how the article addresses/answers your research question; the article’s main research question/thesis; primary theoretical perspective used; sample size and composition; methodology and analysis used; brief summary of findings
– the best discussion will be formatted by themes comparing and contrasting articles (i.e. phrasing of question, methodology used, measurement of variables, size and composition of sample, findings, etc.)
* Be sure key concepts in your paper are defined (conceptual and operational definitions) and cited using sources such as past sociology texts and peer-reviewed articles
* Employ appropriate use of APA format in-text citations and references
1. The paper begins with a clear thesis statement that is well articulated in the first or second paragraph
2. The paper draws appropriately 12 peer-reviewed articles and 3 other sources to support the thesis statement presented. This means that if you could have used findings from a paper listed to make your point more clearly and you do not do so, you will be penalized.
3. The paper is well structured and synthesizes the material appropriately. Rather than summarize each of the readings referenced, the paper identifies common themes or divergent findings that must be taken into account in making a logical argument in support of the thesis statement.
4. The concluding paragraph summarizes the focus of the paper and identifies the implications for the study of society.
5. Well written, proper grammar, proper referencing, spelling, and punctuation
Writing: Your written assignments will be graded not only for content but for logic, clarity, and mechanics. Remember to proofread your work carefully. When assignments are returned, take note of any corrections or recommendations, and incorporate these into later writings.
1. Papers should have clear introductory and concluding paragraphs.
2. Avoid moral evaluations.
3. Avoid claims that you cannot back up. Only state something as a fact if you have supporting evidence, or you can cite someone reputable who does, or it is something truly
self-evident (e.g., a misstep while crossing the street can result in injury).
4. Use the thesaurus sparingly. So-called synonyms are rarely truly synonymous, and you
should never use a thesaurus in an attempt to create the impression that your vocabulary
is larger than it actually is.
5. Use in-text citations of the format (Gibson, 2004) or (Gibson, 2004, p. 12) and then provide full bibliographic information at the end of the paper.
6. Quote written sources sparingly, but strategically.
7. Avoid vacuous statements. An example: “Theorists such as Blau illuminate the social world by theorizing phenomena contained therein.”
Papers should be typed, include a title page, page numbers, and a reference page. You should double-space your papers, use 1” margins, and 11pt. Arial or Times New Roman font. You should carefully check your papers for spelling and grammar. You should use sub-headings throughout the paper. You will use in-text citations in the American Psychology Association (APA) style. You may find more information at http://www.apastyle.org.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.