The Myki Project Myki Assignment | College Homework Help
The Myki Project Myki is a rechargeable contactless smart card/mobile application ticketing system used for electronic payment of fares for most public transport services in Melbourne and regional Victoria, Australia. Myki Project began in 2005 and the implementation of this project was supposed to begin in March 2007, but it took a far longer time than originally expected. Myki Project developments had a political impact and regardless of the many issues, the project got back on track and is fully operational with one common ticketing system for public transport (Buses, Trains, Trams) in Victoria, Australia.
You are required to refer to the link below to familiarise yourself with the background and various issues related to the delivery of the Myki Project. The document provides discussions and data with respect to governance, contractual arrangements and performance monitoring. At the same time, it also provides information which will assist you to answer the following questions in detail.
1. What is the main issue associated with the Myki Project?
2. What were the failures with the early implementation of this project?
3. What were the cost overrun and schedule delays, and what contributed to these?
4. What was the early delivery method for this project?
5. What changed in the recent delivery method?
6. What recommendations would you make if you were assigned as Project Manager of this project in its earlier stage? Link: Victorian Auditor-General’s Report (2011), Operational Effectiveness of the myki Ticketing
System. URL: https://www.audit.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/20150610-myki.pdf Get HR Management homework help today