The Development of Adolescent Social Cognition Assignment | Custom Assignment Help
Prior to completing this assignment, read Chapter 11 and 12 and Section 14.1 and 14.5 in your textbook and read The Development of Adolescent Social Cognition (Links to an external site.)
The purpose of this assignment is for you to continue working on elements that will become part of your Community Center Proposal Final Project. This week, you will be creating three activities that will become part of the infant room, early childhood room, and adolescent room of your center that address psychosocial development.
Using Erikson’s and/or Kohlberg’s theories of psychosocial and moral development, you will continue to build your Community Center Proposal by identifying activities that promote psychosocial development.
Focus on the primary developmental tasks of each age period. For each of the three activities, write a paragraph that addresses the following:
- Describe the age-appropriate activity in some detail as it relates to developmental theory (provide more than just the name of the activity).
- Identify the specific concept from the psychosocial theory that supports the use of this activity.
- Identify how the activity enhances psychosocial development (this can be emotional, cultural, and moral development) in the child and adolescent.
The Psychosocial Development Activities paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offer additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style