1. The Burger Bin fast-food restaurant sells a mean of 24 burgers an hour and its burger sales are normally distributed. What is the probability that the Burger Bin will sell 12 to 18 burgers in an hour?
A. 0.239 B. 0.342 C. 0.136 D. 0.475
2. The probability of an offender having a speeding ticket is 35%, having a parking ticket is 44%, having both is 12%. What is the probability of an offender having either a speeding ticket or a parking ticket or both?
A. 67% B. 91% C. 79% D. 55%
3. Tornadoes for January in Kansas average 3.2 per month. What is the probability that, next January, Kansas will experience exactly two tornadoes?
A. 0.4076 B. 0.2226 C. 0.2087 D. 0.1304
4. Which of the following is a discrete random variable?
A. The number of three-point shots completed in a college basketball game
B. The time required to drive from Dallas to Denver
C. The weight of football players in the NFL
D. The average daily consumption of water in a household
5. If the probability that an event will happen is 0.3, what is the probability of the event’s complement?
A. 1.0 B. 0.3 C. 0.1 D. 0.7
6. A basketball team at a university is composed of ten players. The team is made up of players who play the position of either guard, forward, or center. Four of the ten are guards, four are forwards, and two are centers. The numbers that the players wear on their shirts are 1, 2, 3, and 4 for the guards; 5, 6, 7, and 8
for the forwards; and 9 and 10 for the centers. The starting five are numbered 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Let a player be selected at random from the ten. The events are defined as follows:
A = event player selected has a number from 1 to 8
B = event player selected is a guard
C = event player selected is a forward
D = event player selected is a starter
E = event player selected is a center
A. 0.80 B. 0.40 C. 0.20 D. 0.50
7. Each football game begins with a coin toss in the presence of the captains from the two opposing teams. (The winner of the toss has the choice of goals or of kicking or receiving the first kickoff.) A particular football team is scheduled to play 10 games this season. Let x = the number of coin tosses that the team captain wins during the season. Using the appropriate table in your textbook, solve for P(4 ≤ x ≤ 8).
A. 0.246 B. 0.817 C. 0.377 D. 0.171
Short-haired 0.06 0.23 Shaggy 0.51 0.30
8. A breeder records probabilities for two variables in a population of animals using the two-way table given here. Given that an animal is brown-haired, what is the probability that it’s short-haired?
A. 0.222 B. 0.0306 C. 0.06 D. 0.107
9. The area under the normal curve extending to the right from the midpoint to z is 0.17. Using the standard normal table on the textbook’s back endsheet, identify the relevant z value.
10. If the mean number of hours of television watched by teenagers per week is 12 with a standard deviation of 2 hours, what proportion of teenagers watch 16 to 18 hours of TV a week? (Assume a normal distribution.)
A. 4.5% B. 4.2% C. 2.1% D. 0.3%
11. Assume that an event A contains 10 observations and event B contains 15 observations. If the intersection of events A and B contains exactly 3 observations, how many observations are in the union of these two events?
A. 0 B. 22 C. 10 D. 28
12. In the binomial probability distribution, p stands for the
A. probability of success in any given trial.B. probability of failure in any given trial.
C. number of trials. D. number of successes.
13. Find the z-score that determines that the area to the right of z is 0.8264.
A. 1.36 B. –0.94 C. –1.36 D. 0.94
14. Let event A = rolling a 1 on a die, and let event B = rolling an even number on a die. Which of the following is correct concerning these two events?
A. Events A and B are exhaustive.
B. On a Venn diagram, event B would contain event A.
C. On a Venn diagram, event A would overlap event B.
D. Events A and B are mutually exclusive.
15. From an ordinary deck of 52 playing cards, one is selected at random. Let the events be defined as follows:
A = event card selected is an ace B = event card selected is a queen
C = event card selected is a three
What is the probability that the selected card is either an ace, a queen, or a three?
A. 0.25 B. 0.2308 C. 0.0769 D. 0.3
16. A continuous probability distribution represents a random variable
A. that has a definite probability for the occurrence of a given integer.
B. that’s best described in a histogram.
C. having an infinite number of outcomes that may assume any number of values within an interval. D. having outcomes that occur in counting numbers.
17. A credit card company decides to study the frequency with which its cardholders charge for items from a certain chain of retail stores. The data values collected in the study appear to be normally distributed with a mean of 25 charged purchases and a standard deviation of 2 charged purchases. Out of the total number of cardholders, about how many would you expect are charging 27 or more purchases in this study?
A. 47.8% B. 94.8% C. 68.3% D. 15.9%
18. The Burger Bin fast-food restaurant sells a mean of 24 burgers an hour and its burger sales are normally distributed. If hourly sales fall between 24 and 42 burgers 49.85% of the time, the standard deviation is _______ burgers.
A. 6 B. 9 C. 3 D. 18
19. The possible values of x in a certain continuous probability distribution consist of the infinite number of values between 1 and 20. Solve for P(x = 4).
A. 0.00 B. 0.02 C. 0.05 D. 0.03
20. Approximately how much of the total area under the normal curve will be in the interval spanning 2 standard deviations on either side of the mean?
A. 99.7% B. 68.3% C. 50% D. 95.5%
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.