Text/Film Assignment | Professional Writing Services
Reflection Papers A reflection paper is NOT a mere summary of a text/film, it is AN ANALYSIS/A COMMENT of the whole text/film or certain aspects of the text/film. You need to justify your answers wi
A reflection paper is NOT a mere summary of a text/film, it is AN ANALYSIS/A COMMENT of the whole text/film or certain aspects of the text/film. You need to justify your answers with examples from the text/film.
For this case, the text is: The Belly of the Atlantic by Fatou Diome chap 9 to 14 (see document attached)
– The text is about clandestine immigration from Africa to Europe
– Read the whole text and Do a close reading of a passage that inspires you
– Don’t forget to add an introduction and a conclusion.
– In the Introduction, briefly summarize the text you read, and state your thesis statements.
– Support your thesis statement with concerts arguments from your own reflection and use an example from the test.
– Choose a theme and comment on it
– Choose an aspect/concept/word… that you do not understand and analyze it, bringing your own answer.
Example: “The term ‘clandestine’. What does it mean? Why do we use the word ‘illegal’ instead of ‘clandestine’ in the US?…”
– Don’t invent things: read again the text/watch again a passage of the film to make sure you are not making up things.
– You can also play with the names of the different characters by interpreting their meaning. Tell us what is the meaning of the name, or why do you think the author choose that name for such character?
– Your reflection paper should be 2 pages minimum, one-inch margins, a 12 pt. font (such as Times New Roman)