PART ONE – ENG LIT 2nd 8 QUESTIONS ASSIGNMENT to be answered in well written scholarly, college level content that is relevant on topic in 4 – 6 paragraphs. For each question, in articulate attention to detail referenced and cited? Follow the instruction completely? Pleas number question and its answer?
1. Discuss Look Back in Anger as theater of the Angry young men.
2. Discuss The Homecoming as an embodiment of moral collapse and the dysfunctional modern family.
3. Discuss The Homecoming as an embodiment of moral collapse and the dysfunctional modern family.
4. Discuss sexual power in The Homecoming.
5. Discuss Waiting for Godot as theater of the absurd.
6. Discuss broken communication/language in Waiting for Godot and how such collapse in communication depicts the lives of characters in the play.
7. Discuss similarities and differences in the experiences of women of different generations in Top Girls.
8. Give a synopsis of the critical articles you have read in Drama.
Read 5 critical peer reviewed articles on drama? Select journal, scholarly articles from a library or on line?
Part Two Briefly respond to 3 comments in 1-3 paragraphs!
1. The phrase “a taste of honey” gives the impression of a small amount of sweetness. Hence, it symbolizes a brief exposure to the sweet life. This is very telling of the play that goes by the same name.
Clearly, Jo is meant to only have “a taste of honey” or a brief encounter with the sweet life. Delaney makes this evident to the readers when Jo is only briefly content through the course of the play. She has very few experiences of happiness and contentment in her life. When she believes that her and her boyfriend are going to get married and she is going to start working and making her own money, these are the brief periods of “honey” in her life. All of her other experiences are anything but sweet. She soon realizes that her relationship is not going to work out and just how hard it is to be part of the working class.
Hence, the title A Taste of Honey is very symbolic of the play’s content. The majority of Jo’s life is filled with discontentment, however, she is able to find some pieces of happiness here and there which goes along with the title. Ultimately, the play ends with a hint of honey as well with Jo’s pregnancy. Therefore, these reasons explain how the title reflects its content.
2. The play “A Taste of Honey” by Shelagh Delaney, is a play, once read, can easily be referenced to its title. A taste of honey is a popular metaphor that interprets: a small taste of something good. One might have acquired that taste or wants the privilege to do so. In this play Helen and Jo both have had a taste of honey and it seems that they are seeking just one more sweet victory in life. Helen seems to have a taste of the good life, but it is very brief. Her good life is drinking and acting as one who does not have responsibility. She constantly is on the move as she dreams of bigger and better, but the harshness of her reality never takes her there. Jo understands that her life can be better and just wants that taste of the good life by any means. Jo feels anything opposite of her mothers’ actions could get her there, but at the same time only has the negative observations of her mother to learn from. Her path to a better life, is a man. She adds the companionship of a black sailor fairly quickly and is eager to start a life with him assuming that would be her taste of honey. However, it is not and like every other sweet victory, is short lived. As far as getting that complete meal of honey and the taste of the good life out of poverty it never happens.
3.The title “A Taste of Honey” symbolizes a ambiguity in the meaning of the text. I believe that the title portrays the satirical characteristics of the individuals in the play. The satire displayed by each of the individuals negates the obvious harshness of realty. There are brief moments of affection, love, and kindness through out the play which is a metaphorical representation of only a “taste” of honey, not an indulgence. Interestingly, the minimal love and affection shown by the characters alludes to the process of how bees make honey. According to buzzaboutbees.net, bees have glands that secret enzymes and once they collect nectar the bees mix it with enzymes in the bees mouth. The bee then take the nectar and enzyme mixture back to the hive to store it in honeycombs. Metaphorically, the love and affection shown by the characters produces a small positive impact on the lives of each other, that adversely become detrimental when there is absent of love and affection. Helen encountered the brief moment of affection by Jo’s father as stated in reference to the conceiving of Jo ” How was I to know you’d materialize out of a little love affair that last five minutes” (43). The absent of Jo’s father’s brief love and affection produced resentment in Helen. As stated on buzzaboutbees.net, bees make honey in order to store food over cooler winter periods. Likewise, the moments of pure love, or the portrayal of it, nurtures that deprived area within the characters. Jo’s statement to the black boy “dont do that” because she ” likes it” reveals unfamiliarity of love due to the deprivation of affection (39). The scarcity of love is shielded through the slurs of sarcasm. Instead of properly complimenting her mother, Jo responded to Helen’s statement of being “biological phenomena” by a rebuttal statement of her looking as a “well-preserved sixty”, stated through resentment (29). Considering the lack of love shown by her mother and the absence of her Father, Jo collects what little sense of love she possesses and gives to those who have love to bring such as black boy and Geoff. Black boy being in the Navy symbolically represented the inconsistent presence of his love that would fade in and fade out of Jo’s life, moments at a time. However, Jo’s pregnancy with Black boy’s baby, even though she wasn’t experienced, symbolically represented the birth of love placed in an area that was desolate which gives her the option to show to others, as stated “I supposed I loved him. They say love creates” (50). Each small moment of love portrays only a “taste” of honey, which provides some positivity to a harsh realty.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.