The research project and report will be more analytical. For this project, conduct research on the following human-made system and provide a report on that research.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Assignment on
Systems Engineering Research Project – Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Assignments | Online Homework Help
Just from $13/Page
The goal of this paper is to cover technical and operational details and to relate the research report specifics to Systems Engineering. The following is the topic for the research project:
Research the history of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI). Relate it to CMM, ISO-9000, military, FAA, NASA, and other related standards. Describe its role w.r.t. systems engineering.
Research project deliverable: Present a well-formatted and professional document including the key items outlined in the assignment description.
Abstract: Provide a brief summary or abstract of your selected project to your instructor for preliminary approval. This will be due during the second week of class.
- The abstract should be a concise description of the research that you intend to do for your project.
- The length of the abstract should be a 1/2 page (double-spaced).
- The abstract should clearly state the intent of the research paper.
- The abstract should state why the research is important and relevant.
- Your report should be approximately 15 pages.
- A minimum of 3 sources including at least one non-Internet journal article.
- Any documents (drawing, spreadsheets, etc.) that are created using software other than MS Word should be pasted into your MS Word document and not submitted as separate files.
- The purpose of the project should be described in detail.
- The project should be one that is appropriate for the length of time available.
- The project scope should be clearly identified.
- The technical and program risks associated with the project should be identified.
The report should contain the following:
- Title Page: The title page contains a title, the course number, name, and date.
- Table of Contents
- Proposed explanation based on evidence available
- Goals for which the paper is being written
- Explanation of why the research paper is being written
- Description of the experimental setup
- Thesis statement
- Materials and methods: The paper addresses the systems engineering (SE) concepts covered in this class. Appropriate analytical SE methods should be used, including the details of the process used in research. The procedure should be chronological and in a detailed manner that leads the readers to the results.
- Results: The results are to be reported objectively. The obtained results are presented in a summary. Each result should be elaborated separately. Lengthy explanations should be avoided.
- Discussion: This section discusses your analysis on the success and failure of the assumptions and whether the objectives were achieved. If the answer is negative, explain why the objectives were not achieved. Identify trade-offs and design alternatives.
- References: The research paper should have a wide variety of sources, including non-Internet sources. All sources should be accurately documented in APA format.
- Appendices: Graphs, charts, bar diagrams, and pictorial data should be included in the appendices.
- Acknowledgments: Acknowledge help received from outside resources.