STR 581 CAPSTONE WEEK 1-WEEK 6
1. Which of these is true about Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002?
a. The CEO and CFO must verify every report containing the company’s financial statements.
b. The directors and executive officers are required to trade the company’s 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan and retirement plan during the blackout period
c. Companies are required to extend personal loans to executives and directors.
d. The act requires that the audit committee must be composed entirely of inside officers.
2. For the past 28 years, ABC, Inc. has made a significant investment of time, money, and other resources to increase the literacy rate in adult Americans. This represents which of these principles of successful collaborative social initiatives?
a. Assemble and value the total package of benefits.
b. Weigh government influence.
c. Identify a long-term durable mission.
d. Leverage core capabilities.
3. Of the three levels of strategy that are part of an organizations decision-making hierarchy, which level develops annual objectives and short-term strategies in such areas as production, operations, and research and development, finance and accounting, marketing, and human relations?
4. Judging the appropriateness of a particular action based on a goal to provide the greatest good for the greatest number of people is what ethics approach?
a. Business ethics approach
b. Utilitarian approach
c. Social justice approach
d. Moral rights approach
5. The most critical quality of ethical decision making is
1. The concept that some leadership attributes will work in some situations but not in others can be described by the
Leadership effectiveness theory
2. Sam Meyers manages a telemarketing call center. He has 20 employees working for him who are displeased with the way he yells and threatens to terminate them for what they see as small issues. Which kind of power is Sam using to get the job done?
3. Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity and time frame for when each end product will be assembled?
WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
MRP (Material Requirements Plan)
MPS (Master Production Schedule)
4. In performing a SWOT analysis, which of the following would be considered as a threat?
Lack of a strategic plan
Increased product demand
5. During the implementation of a project, which of the following should be the primary focus of a consulting firm?
The correct project software
Application of the learning curve theory
Tools and materials availability
People management skills
1. The structure of a simple organization
Limits the owner’s(s’) control
Minimizes the owner’s(s’) control
Slightly increases the owner’s(s’) control
Maximizes the owner’s(s’) control
2 . Companies committed to this process attempt to isolate and identify where their costs or outcomes are out of line with what they identify as the best practices of competitors or other companies or organizations that undertake similar tasks.
3. The first step of this type of analysis involves a firm determining what their customers value and why they value it.
Value chain analysis
Three circles analysis
4. This type of organizational structure combines the advantages of functional specialization with the advantages of product-project specialization.
5. Today, global means
Using resources from other markets
Getting resources and talent from around the globe and selling worldwide
Selling goods in overseas markets
Locating operations in numerous countries
1. Which of the following financial statements is concerned with the company at a point in time?
statement of cash flows
retained earnings statement
2. A cost which remains constant per unit at various levels of activity is a:
3. M&M Proposition 1: Dynamo Corp. produces annual cash flows of $150 and is expected to exist forever. The company is currently financed with 75 percent equity and 25 percent debt. Your analysis tells you that the appropriate discount rates are 10 percent for the cash flows, and 7 percent for the debt. You currently own 10 percent of the stock.
If Dynamo wishes to change its capital structure from 75 percent equity to 60 percent equity and use the debt proceeds to pay a special dividend to shareholders, how much debt should they use?
4. Serox stock was selling for $20 two years ago. The stock sold for $25 one year ago, and it is currently selling for $28. Serox pays a $1.10 dividend per year. What was the rate of return for owning Serox in the most recent year? (Round to the nearest percent.)
5. The process of evaluating financial data that change under alternative courses of action is called:
contribution margin analysis
double entry analysis
6. What decision criteria should managers use in selecting projects when there is not enough capital to invest in all available positive NPV projects?
the discounted payback
the profitability index
the internal rate of return
the modified internal rate of return
STR WEEK 5
1. This is concerned with tracking a strategy as it is being implemented, detecting problems or changes in its underlying premises, and making necessary adjustments.
2. Strategic surveillance must be kept
as focused as possible
as unfocused as possible
as fast as possible
3. This, called kaizen in Japanese, is the process of relentlessly trying to find ways to improve and enhance a company’s products and processes from design through assembly, sales, and service.
4. CCC21 stands for
Competitive cost competency in the 21st century
Construction of cost competitiveness for the 21st century
Cost chain competition for the 21st century
Continuous cost competitiveness in the 21st century
5. The DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) process is relevant to
Strategic matrix analysis
6. This idea factor involves following demographic and other broad trends and trying to develop ideas that may be relevant and useful.
1. The ability to meet humanity’s needs without harming future generations is now a top priority in most corporate agenda
2. This is a historically popular technique through which managers create a quick overview of a company’s strategic situation—it is based on achieving a sound fit between internal resources and the external situation.
Value chain analysis
3. New-to-the-world products are ________.
new products that create an entirely new market
existing products that are targeted to new geographical markets
low-cost products designed to obtain an edge in highly competitive markets
new product enhancements that supplement established products
4. Prestige LLC, a small company that manufactures specialty cereals and energy bars, wants to launch a “green marketing” program in response to heightened consumer awareness about environmental issues. What should the company do to maximize the program’s chances of being successful?
Demonstrate that the products will benefit both customers and the society in the long-term.
Focus on the efforts and costs incurred by the company to bring these “green” products to consumers.
Emphasize benefits to the consumer rather than environmental benefits.
Explain the rules and regulations laid out by governmental agencies to protect the environment.
5. BMW’s “The ultimate driving machine,” American Express’ “Don’t leave home without it,” New York Times’ “All the news that’s fit to print,” and AT&T’s “Reach out and touch someone” are all examples of ________.
6. A company that attempts to lead its industry in price and convenience by pursuing a focus on lean and efficient operations is pursuing what strategy?
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise the quality of our essay services. Our essay helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements in the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all paper writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
MyHomeworkWriters guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy. As such, MyHomeworkWriters ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Essay Writing Services
MyHomeworkWriters holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality academic services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements and wait for quality results.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our essay help service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop essay help services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of essay writing services.