Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants Assignment | College Homework Help
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants [WLO: 3][CLO: 3]
In the Weekly Introduction, there is a quote by Isaac Newton, “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” This quote expresses how we can come to important discoveries and truths by building on the previous discoveries and findings of others. This particular quote is pertinent to us in this course because as you develop and design your action research, you are constantly learning from and building on the discoveries of others in the field of education – other researchers, professionals, and critical friends.
This discussion forum is designed to help you gain insights from the work of other action researchers who have implemented and published their action research studies. You might consider using one or more of the published action research studies to guide and inform your own work as you develop your own action research proposal as well.
In this discussion, you will choose one article from the available action research articles in the Journal of Teacher Action Research (Links to an external site.) and review the introduction and literature review sections of the article. This may be organized differently than how you will organize your proposal, but many of the content elements will be similar. Based on the introduction and literature review of the article you chose, please respond to each of the following prompts:
- Briefly describe the professional role and setting of the action researcher who authored the study (one to two sentences only).
- Briefly explain the purpose of the study (one to two sentences only).
- Identify the problem the action researcher is attempting to address with their study (one to two sentences only).
- Briefly describe the population of the study (one to two sentences only).
- Identify the research question of the study.
- Briefly explain how the study reflects that the area of focus is within the locus of control of the action researcher (one to two sentences only).Get English homework help today