Special Education Assignment | College Homework Help
Assignment 5 documents
Assignment: Continuous Program Evaluation
As with whole systems change and sustainability, continuous program evaluation is required to fulfill your commitment to improving the lives of all students. Although some of the evaluations you conduct may be informal, at the program level, the evaluation process is typically formal, can be quite complex, and must be formalized into a written plan. Data are gathered and collected from hundreds of students to compare their overall performance.
Other factors include program costs, student and teacher input, and feasibility, just to name a few. Evaluations may also consist of comparing the effectiveness of two different instructional approaches. Here, data collection may consist of pre- and post-data from students and data collected from teachers to determine the effectiveness of each approach. Despite the type of evaluation, there is a formal written plan that is typically shared amongst stakeholders and used for curriculum planning and programming for students with exceptionalities.
For this Assignment, you will evaluate your program’s effectiveness using Fullan’s Coherence Assessment Tool and reflect on what you have learned from this collaborative process. This is Part 5 of your Course Project and will further demonstrate your effectiveness of implementing the Coherence Framework.
· Review the Model of Sustainability in the McIntosh et al. article. Reflect on the four factors contributing to sustainability.
· Although it is not a requirement, you may wish to conduct a meeting with other leaders in the system and reflect on the components of the Coherence Framework to assist you in complete the tool. Use their responses and suggestions to assist in completing the assessment tool.
· Review and complete the Coherence Assessment Tool (Figure 6.2).
By Day 7 of Week 9
Part 5: Reflection, Social Change, and Lifelong Learning
Write a 4- to 6-page paper addressing the following:
· Complete the Coherence Assessment Tool (Figure 6.2) and include as an Appendix to your paper. Provide a 2- to 3-page analysis of your findings and the identified evidence that you reported on the tool, including the following:
o Briefly summarize how you are addressing the four components and the related 13 subcomponents. Please note: You do not need to address each component/subcomponent, just provide an overall summary.
o Describe how coherence is perceived at all levels of your organization and identify one area where perceptions are similar and one area where perceptions are different.
o Explain at least two strengths as well as two areas you believe are of greatest need to move toward continuous improvement and sustain whole systems change.
· Include a 2- to 3-page reflection on what you learned from this collaborative process of program evaluation, including the following:
o Identify at least two positive and two negative outcomes of program evaluation. Support these with evidence from research and professional experience
o Explain how you, as a leader in special education, plan to improve positive program outcomes based on special education program evaluation and impact student learning. Include in your response how program evaluation can align with Walden’s Mission of creating positive social change.
o Describe the key elements you will need in the future to lead special education programs that are accountable and sustainable.
o Describe how you will stay current on evidence-based practices for program leadership, systems change, and program evaluation.
Information: I am attaching the Table as assignment 5
CIRCLES is the project I am working on.
I will attach previous assignment done and articlesGet Education homework help today