Sociology Assignment | College Homework Help
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Garthwait, C. L. (2017). The social work practicum: A guide and workbook for students (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Chapter 3, “Learning from Supervision” (pp. 28-40)
Thyer, B. A. (2013). Evidence-based practice or evidence-guided practice: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet [Invited response to Gitterman & Knight’s “evidence-guided practice”]. Families in Society, 94(2), 79–84.
Wharton, T. C., & Bolland, K. A. (2012). Practitioner perspectives of evidence-based practice. Families in Society, 93(3), 157–164.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2013). Evaluation [Audio file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: This audio introduction is located in the Introduction section. The approximate length of this media piece is 1 minute.
Click this link to access the MSW home page, which provides resources for your social work program:
MSW home page
Assignment 1: Week 7 Blog
Refer to the topics covered in this week’s resources, and incorporate them into your blog.
By Day 3
Post a blog post that includes:
- An explanation of how you have addressed evaluation or how you might address evaluation in your field education experience
By Day 4
Respond to the blog post of three colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Make a suggestion to your colleague’s post.
You will be assigned to author regular blog entries as well as make comments on each other’s blog postings.
Submission and Grading Information
To post your blog, do the following:
- To post your blog, click on the Create Blog Entry button. Create your blog with the Title “Week 7 Blog First Name Last Name”. Type your post in the Entry Message using the Text Editor or by copying from your Word document. Submit your blog by clicking on the Post Entry button.
To submit your blog response, do the following:
- Select the blog entry from your colleagues by selecting their Week 7 Blogs. Select Comment button below their Week 7 Blogs. Type your response in the box. Submit your response by clicking on the Add button.
To access your rubric:
Week 7 Assignment 1 Rubric
Post by Day 3 and Respond by Day 4
To create your Blog post:
Week 7 Assignment 1
Assignment 2: Practice Problem
Evidence based practice is essential to effective social work practice. For this assignment, you are required to (a) identify a current practice problem relevant in your current agency (i.e., working with resistant clients, engaging clients when they don’t talk much, having negative perceptions about your client, counter transference, etc.), (b) after identifying your practice problem, conduct an extensive literature search as it relates to your practice problem that provides you with a complete understanding of the practice problem.
Based on your findings in the literature, what did you discover that will help you address your practice problem? How might your research guide your work in your field agency? After reviewing the literature/research and comparing it to the practice problem, the student is expected to do the following:
By Day 7
Submit a 1-2 page reflection paper that:
- Briefly discusses the literature
- Briefly identifies the practice problem
- Briefly explains how the literature will be used to address the practice problem while engaging in the agency.
NOTE: The goal is for you and the Field Instructor to have an open discussion regarding your identified problem while discussing evidenced based solutions to address them. Your field instructor will be evaluating your ability to demonstrate your competency in their field evaluation. In addition, you will submit this assignment for classroom credit. The Field Liaison will grade the assignment “PASS/FAIL,” see rubric for passing criteria.Get Social Science homework help today