Create a short essay of 150-200 words response to the following questions
1. (A) Select the country in which you have spent the majority of your time up to now. Is the type of leadership in that country/culture changing? What is theÂ basis/ evidence for your answer? (B) Select a large and influential country (inÂ terms of the world’s economy) other than the country you name in part A. Is theÂ type of leadership in you (A) country becoming more or less similar the type ofÂ leadership in the
(B) country/culture? Explain your reasoning. Â This question works best in a class with high ethnic and national diversity.
2. Think of a specific leader in your work situation, in a friendship group, on a sportsÂ team, or in the news. What types of power does he or she appear to use? HowÂ does he or she use these different types of power? Would you consider thisÂ person to be an effective leader? Why or why not?
3. Do you think people are born leaders? Are there specific traits that can be seenÂ early in a person’s life or career that identify that person as a leader? CanÂ someone without these specific traits goes on to become a leader?
4. How would you characterize yourself – as a transformational, transactional, orÂ charismatic leader? Which would you rather be? Can you change your style?
5. Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Jim Jones, Kenneth Lay (Enron), Bernard EbbersÂ (WorldCom) – all were “leaders.” Were they effective leaders? Why or why not?
6. Think of a leader you have had at work, school, or some other situation. How didÂ your actions as a follower help or hinder that leader’s effectiveness? What kind of ofÂ a relationship did you have with the leader? Did it differ from the relationshipsÂ the leader had with other members of the group? If there were differentÂ relationships, did this situation contribute to the group’s effectiveness? Did isÂ seem fair to you?
7. Using a specific situation, analyze the contributions of the leader, the followers, Â and the effectiveness of the leader.
8. Which of the many approaches to leadership do you think is the best? DefendÂ your reasoning. Get Humanities help today