Society and the media | Social Science homework help
Imagine that you are running for a state office (e.g., governor, senator, or Congressional representative) and you have to prepare a position paper for a debate on controversial issues in the news. Body Image and The Media
Write a two to three (2-3) page (500 to 750 words) paper in which you:
- Introduce your position using a thesis statement in the first paragraph, including a quote, question, or statistic from your reliable sources and an overview of the main points you will cover. (It’s important to grab the audience’s interest and inform the audience of what the main and support points are.)
- Provide two or three (2-3) major points to support your thesis statement. (Put each major point in a separate paragraph.)
- Provide one (1) paragraph in which you identify and answer an expected argument against your view.
- Organize arguments and support your claims effectively.
- Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims, and credible support for the claims.
- Provide two to three (2-3) credible and reliable sources (in addition to the textbook) about current events, which have been published in the last five (5) years and are cited correctly in the position paper. (Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedias are unacceptable and will not count toward your number of credible sources.)