Social Science Assignment/Buy Homework Help
- Review course materials on race and the American family
- Find 4 (four) outside sources on race and the American family/and or media representations.
- Choose 3 (three) television shows you believe are good examples of how the US media represents race and family on television (stereotypes, traditional racial stereotypes, etc.).
- Once you have chosen your television shows, watch an episode or two, and take notes. Your notes will help provide more detail for your examples on this assignment.
Your paper should include the following:
Appendix of your three TV shows episodes
The appendix (in your own words) needs to provide general information on each of the programs included in your analysis. This should include an overview of the setting, relevant characters, and the target audience. Again, you do not need to summarize the episodes that you watched. Just give me a quick background of the show Make sure to tell me the TV show name, the season of the episode you are using for your paper, and the episode number and title that you are using. You can use more than one episode, but it tends to be easiest to select one episode per TV show.
Explain what your paper is about.
- What about race and family are you covering?
In order to guide your writing, you should have a couple of questions that you are attempting to answer.
- Example: What are the differences across the programs in terms of portraying race within the family and work, gender, romantic relationships, children/parent dynamics, family dynamics, class status, reproduction of children (adoption, IVF, biological children, blended families, etc.)?
Include those in your introduction, and name the shows you have watched. In this paper, you would obviously focus on gender.
Literature Review and Overall Body of Paper
This is where you bring in course materials and outside sources. Use them to support your statements about the media representation of race and family. This is where you also include your television shows as examples. Get Social Science Help Today