The exam consists of fifteen short answer questions. Some questions ask for a definition of a concept while others ask for application and/or analysis. Please answer the following questions in paragraph form with the question numbers labeled.
Final Exam Questions:
1. What are “face”, avoidance process, and corrective process?
2. What is the “girl hunt”? How this is an example of impression management?
3. What is the gloried self? What are the three consequences of the gloried self?
4. Take the example of a job interview and apply Goffman’s dramaturgical approach to this social interaction. How is this an example of impression management? How is this theory of the self distinct from Mead’s and Cooley’s theories of the self?
5. How are the reflected self and the looking-glass avatar similar and different from Cooley’s theory of the looking-glass self? Give specific examples to illustrate the similarities and differences?
6. In the article, “The Presentation of Self in Virtual Spaces,” Gottschalk argues individuals have more control over their online presentation of self. In the documentary, “Generation Like,” it is argued that online interactions are increasingly commercialized and utilize individuals as marketers. How do you reconcile these two ideas within your own online interaction and presentation of self? Are these ideas present in your experiences?
7. What is a ritual? What are common rituals we engage in when we are in social interaction?
8. Regarding Selection 26 by Jones, how does the code of the street organize the interactions of African-American girls in urban neighborhoods? How does the code shape the self-presentations of these girls?
9. What happens when people challenge the prevailing interactional order of an institution? How do others respond? Provide an example from the readings.
10. What are social inequalities? How are inequalities examined from a symbolic interactionist perspective?
11. What is stigma? What are the two types of stigma? How were the strategies of managing stigma different for Middle Eastern American and mobile home park residents?
12. How was race and class inequality reflected in the workplace hierarchy at Kidworks? Who held power? How did professionalism relate to emotional labor and what were the consequences of professionalism for the racial hierarchy?
13. Describe how the social world of a mental hospital is constructed and shapes the subjective experience of the patients. Use specific examples from Goffman’s reading.
14. How did the parents featured in the Martin selection manage the identity of their deceased child? What types of “face work” did they engage in?
15. What are three things you have learned about the self and society in this course? Why were these topics the most intriguing? Has this changed the way you view your identity or interactions with others? Please specifically incorporate three distinct concepts or theories.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.