Sleep Tight Inn Scenario Assignments | Online Homework Help
- Review the Sleep Tight Inn scenario.
- Review the grading rubric prior to completing this assignment.
- Complete the questions below and be sure to
- Fully answer each question
- Include bullet point recommendations
- Provide at least a one-page long document for each question
- Include at least one outside source
Sleep Tight Inn Scenario
The Sleep Tight! Resort and Conference Center of Albuquerque, N.M. has a staff of over 300 full-time employees and 100 seasonal employees in 10 different job categories. For the past twenty-five years, the resort has been run by the Clause family. The Clause family has had experience in running several small motels and were very knowledgeable of the industry. However, while they tried to treat the employees fairly, Mimi Clause, the Manager, knew nothing of proper HR practices and tended to make arbitrary decisions. She left many of the HR decisions to the employment department which consisted of a secretary and an employment supervisor who had been a secretary for Mimi’s mother. Eighteen months ago, the family decided to hire Frank Jones as the new Manager of the resort.
After evaluating the current operations, Frank Jones decided that the Resort was in fairly good shape except for the lack of standardized Human Resource practices. Very little information existed to support any of the past employment decisions, especially in the area of selection. Although Jones does not have any direct experience in HR, he had taken several courses in HRM while in college. In the last eighteen months, Jones has encountered several problems. He would like you to:
- Evaluate the situation and identify the problem
- Include short bullet point recommendations for each weekly assignment.
1a. Mr. Jones wants to know why you are recommending a formal selection program when the informal system they currently use is less expensive and seems to be working?
1b. Does Mr Jones want to know if the Sleep Tight Inn should use performance appraisal data to promote its employees? Why or why not?