PCN-527 Topic 8: Short Answer Questions
Directions: Provide short answers of 75-150 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 200 words for your response. Use the textbook, and any other scholarly resources to support your responses. Include at least four peer-reviewed journal articles beyond the textbook.
1. Discuss the similarities and differences of the three generations of anti-psychotic medications.
2. How do the current anti-psychotics work on the brain?
3. Discuss the similarities and differences between the three generations of medications to treat depression.
4. How do the current medications to treat depression work on the brain?
5. Describe three medications that are used to treat substance use disorders.
6. What medications may be risky to prescribe someone who has a substance use disorder? Why are they risky?
7. Describe the importance of the DSM in diagnosing and treating mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
8. Identify some adverse side effects of at least two commonly prescribed medication for treating psychiatric disorders
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]