seven accounting questions
19. A company has provided the following data:
Sales 4,000 units Sales price $80 per unit Variable cost $50 per unit Fixed cost $30,000
If the dollar contribution margin per unit is increased by 10 percent, total fixed cost is decreased by 15 percent, and all other factors remain the same, will net operating income increase or decrease? By how much?
5. Gladstone Corporations flexible budget cost formula for supplies, a variable cost is $2.82 per unit of output. The companys flexible budget performance report for last month showed an $8,140 unfavorable spending variance for supplies. During that month, 21,250 units were produced. Budgeted activity for the month had been 20,900 units. What is the actual cost per unit for indirect material?
6. Lyons Company consist of two divisions A and B. Lyons Company reported a contribution margin of $60,000 for division A, and had a contribution margin ratio of 30 percent in division B, when sales on division B were $240,000. Net operating income for the company was $22,000 and traceable fixed expenses $45,000. How much were Lyons Companys common fixed expenses?
7. Atlantic Company produces a single product. For the most recent year, the companys net operating income computing by absorption costing method was $7,800, and its net operating income computed by the variable costing method was $10,500. The companys unit product was $15 under variable costing and $24 under absorption costing. If the ending inventory consisted of 1,460 units, how many units must have been in the beginning inventory?
8. Black Company uses the weighted-average method in its process costing system. The companys ending work-in-process inventory consist 6,000 units, 75 percent complete with respect to materials and 50 percent with respect to labor and overhead. If the total dollar value of the inventory is $80,000 and the cost per equivalent unit for labor and overhead is $6.00, what is the cost per equivalent unit for materials?
9. At Overland Company, maintenance cost is exclusively at variable cost that varies directly with machine-hours. The Performance report for July showed that actual maintenance cost totaled $11,315 and that the associated rate variance was $146 unfavorable. If 7,300 machine hours were actually worked during July, What is the budgeted maintenance cost per machine hour?
10. The cost of goods sold in a retail stored totaled $650,000. Fixed selling and administrative expenses totaled $115,000 and variable selling and administrative expenses were $420,000. If the stores contribution margin totaled $590,000, how much were the sales?