SERIAL KILLERS AS CELEBRITIES IN AMERICAN CULTURE Assignment | College Homework Help
Essay about SERIAL KILLERS AS CELEBRITIES IN AMERICAN CULTURE. YOU CAN WRITE ABOUT VIGILANTES, ANYTHING THAT INTRIGUES OR INTERESTS YOU ABOUT SERIAL KILLERS
Your first research essay should be a fully completed work of 5 pages. Your topic may be related to the development of an idea that has already been expressed as part of the course; your thesis should be a synthesis of carefully documented research and critical analysis of this topic.
The essay should incorporate the general parts of an academic essay—an introduction and thesis, a body of specific evidence/support/analysis, and a conclusion that emphasizes the answers to questions you may have asked within your research.
Your writing should address the Core Learning Outcomes of the course and the Instructor Specific Learning Outcomes, as specified on the syllabus. I have included them here for your convenience:
- Analyze the disciplinary content in its own context and in relation to the issues, questions, and positions of other disciplines.
- Compare and contrast differences and similarities among the disciplines in terms of central concerns, values, methodologies, and relationships to public life.
- Synthesize diverse perspectives to achieve an interdisciplinary understanding.
- Analyze the relationships among academic knowledge, professional work, and the responsibilities of local and global citizenship.
- Interpret and critique the possible “real world” connections or behaviors associated with the viewing or playing of media violence.
Your essay should conform to the MLA format for citations within the text and in your works cited. Therefore, your writing should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins, in a 10-12-pitch font.
The grading of this essay will be based upon the objective skills we have focused upon in our course lectures and discussions—incorporating your research sources seamlessly within your own writing, building upon your skills as a “close-reading” expert and analysis of your topic, and answering the larger questions about “why” we are studying serial killers as heroes (as well as, “why” your topic is popular? important? significant? worthy of study? definitive of its audience?)