Scientific Computing I Assignments | Online Homework Help
You are required to search for research articles and related information on one of the applications of scientific
computing in a selected domain, then to write a research paper that reviews all related concepts and techniques
for the selected application area.
• Search for the precise information independently.
• Write a research paper based on the standard format.
• Obtain more specific ideas about scientific computing applications in real-world problems.
• Be able to provide new ideas based on information being reviewed
• You are required to produce a research paper that critically discuss, review the existing works and propose
your analysis regarding your selected application of scientific computing techniques in solving real-world
problems. Here is a good source about the content and the structure of a generic research paper
• You have to find at least 4 related journal/conference articles from e.g. IEEE, ACM or any referred journal
or conference publication related to your selected domain.
• You are free to select any application area as long as you are implementing at least one of main of the
concepts of the course.
• Your paper must follow IEEE standard (.doc word template is given).
• Total pages should not exceed 6 pages
• Font times roman 10, single spacing.
Modeling, Computers, and Error Analysis
Chapter 1 Math Modeling and Problem Solving
Chapter 2 Programming and Software
Chapter 3 Approximations and Round-Off Errors
Chapter 4 Truncation Errors and the Taylor Series
Roots of Equations
Chapter 5 Bracketing Methods
Chapter 6 Open Methods
Chapter 7 Roots of Polynomials
Chapter 8 Case Studies: Roots of Equations
Linear Algebraic Equations
Chapter 9 Gauss Elimination
Chapter 10 LU Decomposition and Matrix Inversion
Chapter 11 Special Matrices and Gauss-Seidel
Chapter 12 Case Studies: Linear Algebraic Equations
Chapter 17 Least-Squares Regression
Chapter 18 Interpolation
Chapter 19 Fourier Approximation
Chapter 20 Case Studies: Curve Fitting