Science Toolkit Assignment | homework help websites
Title of Instructional Tool
This should directly relate to the content area and a big idea.
Targeted Grade Level:
This should directly relate to the academic development of your exceptional (struggling) student.
State the TEKS (one or two is sufficient) that aligns with the hands-on strategy (tool) that you are creating.
Why did you choose this strategy (tool)? What is the objective of the activity? How does this strategy (tool) align with the needs of your struggling student?
Describe what materials are needed to implement the lesson. These are the materials you will photograph and embed at the end of this template after completion of your lesson.
State what instructions you will use to communicate to the student.
Assessment of Student Learning:
What measurable criteria is necessary to show mastery of the skill? Ex: The student will be able to match 10 out of 15 cards correctly to show mastery.
This will need to be completed after the implementation of your hands-on lesson. Address the information in the following outline. Your paper should be at least two pages in length.
- What is the background of your identified (struggling) student?
- Age and grade level of your student.
- Student’s academic development in the area of the targeted skill.
- Identify the difficulties the student experiences. Address one or more of the following areas:
- Academic difficulties.
- Behaviour concerns.
- The attitude of the student.
- Outstanding circumstances the student is facing.
- Why did you choose this strategy for your student?
- What impact did your actions have on student learning?
- Did your student show mastery?
- What additional areas of content needs to be addressed?
- While developing your tool, what difficulties or positive experiences did you encounter?
- While implementing your tool (strategy), what difficulties or positive experiences did you encounter?
- When you re-teach the lesson, what will you do differently?
- What has this assignment taught you about the process of teaching this content to exceptional students?
- What did you learn from this assignment that you can apply to teach future exceptional students?
You must use APA format.
After completion of your lesson using the instructional tool (strategy) with the identified exceptional (struggling) student, take a picture of the used tool (strategy). Embed the picture in this section.