Principles of Business Management
Week 3 Assignment
1. Review the SWOT analysis for the Fictional Auto Company.
2. In a minimum of 500 words, describe how Fictional Auto Company can utilize this information to its benefit. Include how Fictional Auto Company can turn its weaknesses and threats into strengths and opportunities.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
· Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
· Use APA style.
· Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
· Include cover page and reference page.
· At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
· No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
· Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable.
Strengths—Internal characteristics that give the company an advantage over its competitors.
· Long, successful history, nearly 100 years
· Reputation for value (quality for the price)
· 20,000 associates strong
· 30% increase in revenues
· Ability to target markets
Opportunities—External characteristics; ways to expand or improve the company.
· Aggressive marketing
· Aggressive financing
· Aggressive trade-in policy
· Aggressive extended warranty
· High tech, eco-friendly market segment
· Staff development program
· Dealership scorecards
Weaknesses—Internal characteristics that give the competition an advantage over the company.
· 40% turnover rate among associates
· Bailout damaged brand image
· Low customer satisfaction rating
· Franchise structure (failed dealerships)
Threats—External characteristics; forces that may have a negative effect on the company.
· Aggressive competitors (Ford, GM, Toyota)
· Government regulations and fines
SWOT Analysis for Fictional Auto Company
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]