Rhetorical Essay Assignment | Rhetorical Essay
*Please include citation and quotes from the article.
Directions and Sample Paper Outline:
Rhetorical Analysis Write a 600-word rhetorical analysis. This paper must involve three appeals: ethos, logos, and pathos. Read the article and discuss how the author uses the three appeals in the article. Do not use the first or second person. Avoid contractions. You must have a Work Cited page.
A possible paper structure:
1. Paragraph 1- introduce the writer and the main point made in the article. Define and discuss the three appeals you will explore.
2. Paragraph 2- a discussion of one appeal (ethos) made in the article with examples and quotes.
3. Paragraph 3- discussion of another appeal (pathos) made in the article with examples and quotes.
4. Paragraph 4- discussion of another appeal (logos) made in the article with example and quotes.
5. Paragraph 5- sum up points and how they contribute to the article’s thesis. Answer the “So what question” and tell the reader why this paper matters in the THIRD person only.