Research Psychologists Study On Human Subjects Assignment | Top Essay Writing
Research Psychologist A has been conducting a study with human subjects for nearly a year.
As a result, A has come to know Participant M quite well. The study is taking longer than expected, and some of the participants are leaving the study.
Because of the nature of the working relationship with the participants, Research Psychologist A and Participant M have become interested in an intimate relationship.
Since neither one wants to jeopardize the progress of the study, they agree to retain only a professional relationship for the duration of the study, and then to pursue an intimate relationship once the study is completed and the results have been published.
In this assignment, you will address the ethical issues of this case and will present options for resolving the ethical conflict. You will be required to consider individual perceptions as well as the needs, potential, and motivation of the involved parties when positing your resolution.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the 2010 APA Ethics Code.
- Refer to Pope, K. S. (n.d.). Dual relationships, multiple relationships, & boundary decisions in the course materials for this topic.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- In addition to those listed in the assignment directions, this assignment benchmarks the following writing competencies: C7.1: Produce scholarly academic writing and C7.2: Demonstrate written logic, argument, and persuasiveness.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) in which you do the following:
- Describe the ethical conflict in the scenario above.
- Describe the options for resolving the ethical conflict including the interpersonal perceptions and other considerations that influence the options. (Benchmarks: Relationships, Spirit and Self-Discovery C8.2: Evaluate changes in one’s ability to be perceptive of others.)
- Identify the preferred option for resolving the conflict, and explain why it is the best option. How does this option address the needs, potential, and motivations of the involved parties? (Benchmarks: Relationships, Spirit and Self-Discovery C8.3: Synthesize the potential and motivations of self and others.)
- Propose steps Research Psychologist A should take to avoid a similar situation in the future. Get Philosophy homework help today