Research Assignments | Online Homework Help
M4A1: Midterm Exam
Upon successful completion of this activity, students will be able to:
- Apply the framework of the social problem to the obesity epidemic.
- Apply some of the internal factors that cause overeating to the food industry’s customers/consumers.
- Apply some of the external factors of the obesity epidemic to the food industry’s customers/consumers.
- Use accepted scientific methods of inquiry to evaluate diverse ideas, solve problems, and make evidence-based decisions.
The Midterm Exam consists of essay questions taken from Modules 1-4. Select 2 of the following 4 questions to answer. Each essay should be 250-500 words. The Midterm Examination will be completed during Module 4 and is worth 15% of your overall course grade.
The Midterm Examination will be available for you to take beginning at 12:00 am EST on the Monday morning of Module 4 and will close promptly the following Sunday evening at 11:59 pm EST. It is suggested that you write or print out the essay questions for handy reference as you develop your responses. Be sure to submit your essay exam in one Word document using APA style and place it in the appropriate assignment dropbox.
- Define and explain the concepts “personal problem” and “social problem.” Explain how obesity could be viewed as both a personal problem and a social problem. Explain how the causes and consequences of obesity are different when it is perceived as a social problem versus a personal problem.
- Describe the dramatic increase in the rate of obesity and explain why it increased so dramatically. What is the significance of sugar, fat, and salt? How can their significance be applied to the food industry and its customers/consumers?
- Describe in detail the chemically altered process that occurs in the brain when people eat foods that are high in sugar, fat, and salt. Include relevant concepts, their corresponding definitions, and the relationships between them in your explanation.
- Identify and explain some of the external factors within the food industry that are responsible for the perpetuation of the obesity epidemic. Include in your explanation ways that the food and restaurant industry intentionally manipulate people into eating foods high in sugar, fat, and salt repeatedly.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Upload Submission.” Enter the submission title and then click on “Select a file to upload.” Browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to Submission File. Click on “Continue.” Confirm submission is correct and then click on “Accept Submission & Save.”
This course has Turnitin® fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.
Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers. Use your Originality Report as a learning tool to identify areas of your assignment that you may not have cited appropriately.