Research Assignments | Online Homework Help
For this assignment, read the case study, The 1920 Farrow’s Bank failure: a case of managerial hubris. (see reference below).
Hollow, M. (2014). The 1920 farrow’s bank failure: A case of managerial hubris? Journal of Management History, 20(2), 164-178.
Thomas Farrow had been evaluated as having been inflicted by managerial hubris at the time of the bank’s collapse in 1920. With this in mind, address the following questions, with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
- How did corporate culture, leadership, power and motivation affect Thomas’ level of managerial hubris?
- Relate managerial hubris to ethical decision making and the overall impact on the business environment.
- Explain the pressures associated with ethical decision making at Farrows Bank.
- Evaluate whether the level of managerial hubris would have been decreased if Farrow Bank had a truly ethical business culture. Could this have affected the final outcome of Farrow Bank? Explain your position.
Your response should be a minimum of three double- spaced pages. References should include your required reading, case study reference plus a minimum of one additional credible reference. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations, and cited per APA guidelines.
- Think about a company you have worked for, either currently or in the past. Reflect upon the corporate culture with respect to the practice of ethics within the organization. What was leadership’s role in establishing this culture within the organization? How did power and motivation relate to the degree of ethical conduct?
A response should be at least 150 words.
- Companies use a code of ethics to preserve a certain level of ethics within their organization. Identify a company that you believe constantly displays ethical behavior and explain why.
A response should be at least 150 words