Request for criminal law | Law homework help
Please answer the following in at least two paragraphs.
1. Selective Incarceration, or sentencing an offender according to the risk they pose to the community, is a strategy to reduce prison population. The concept seeks to identify the most dangerous offenders and remove them from society. Examples of the concept have been utilized in the “three strikes and you are out” statutes many states have implemented in sentencing. What are your thoughts on this concept and why?
2. It has been said “one man’s terrorist in another man’s freedom fighter.” What does this mean to you? Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
3. What do you think of the American Criminal Justice system compared to others? What would you change if you had the power to change any part (or all) of it? Why? Finally, what do you see, or hope to see, as the future for the American, or even the World, Criminal Justice system? Reflect on how this course has opened your eyes.
4. Should there be a separate category of hate crimes? Are enhanced penalties a deterrent for such crimes?
5. Should there be a separate category of hate crimes? Are enhanced penalties a deterrent for such crimes?
6. Consider the problems a victim of identity theft might encounter. Have you or anyone you know been a victim of identity theft? What problems did you or that person encounter? Discuss the mechanisms and behaviors for avoiding identity theft.
7. Discuss the issue of police officers who stop and/or search automobiles. Discuss the circumstances under which such an experience has happened to you or someone you know. What are the legal issues that made the stop and/or search an appropriate or, perhaps inappropriate, response by the officer?