Reflective Paper Assignment | Buy assignments online
April 1st, 2019
Reflective Paper – Teacher-led School Improvement
As we think about putting theory into practice, and the case for teacher-led school improvement, read the essay in your text titled “The Case for Teacher-Led School Improvement” along with the article, “What Does the Research Tell Us About Teacher Leadership?”
- What Does the Research Tell Us About Teacher Leadership?
Submit a two-page reflection paper, including your response to the questions from DuFour below.
DuFour talks about the “power of collective intelligence or the practice of professionals working collaboratively to solve problems within an organization (p 347).
- While teacher leadership is a relatively new “buzz word” in our profession, as you look at the school where you teach, how do you see teacher leadership impacting school improvement?
- Is it a recognized and valid practice?
- Can you point to changes you have seen as a result?
- If your school has not as yet signed on to this new trend, discuss how you would implement teacher leadership in your current educational setting?
- How would you introduce the concept?
- What might be a flexible timeline you could use to execute your plan?
What results would you hope to achieve?