Recruitment | Education homework help
Assignment 2: Discussion—Recruitment
Many recruitment strategies depend heavily upon Internet and social media sources, but for many situations non-web-based methods continue to play an important role. In this assignment, you are to research current recruiting methods and then analyze recruiting best practices. From your findings, compare and contrast at least three types of online sources with three types of non-web-based sources (career fairs, networking, etc.).
As a part of your comparisons, address the following for each method:
- Cost: What are the financial costs to the company? Which methods are most cost effective?
- Timeliness: How much time is required to find a candidate?
- Effectiveness: For the time and costs spent, which methods will produce the best candidates? Some methods will generate a large number of applicants, but it is only helpful if the applicants are actually qualified for the position.
After your initial post, discuss the following:
- No one method will work in all situations. Which sources are more useful for various job functions, job levels, and/or geographic locations? Provide examples to support your answer.
- There are often times when it is advantageous for both small and large companies to recruit using an external recruiting agency. Provide an example of when this might be the case.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation