Questions Assignment | Homework Help Websites
Create actual mission, vision, and values statements for your own healthcare organization or department or one which you someday hope to lead. Explain your thought process in creating these statements. Your explanation should consist of at least 200 words.
- What is meant by a “directional strategy” for a health care organization? Provide some specific examples of directional strategies for your own health care organization or one which you hope to lead.
- Explain the role and relationships among health care mission, vision, values, and strategic goals. Provide specific examples of these relationships for medical organizations.
- Consider your own health care organization or one which you would someday hope to lead. As CEO of the organization, how would you set about determining the “critical success factors” for your facility or program? What will be your process to determine these critical success factors?
Response for question 1& 2 should be at least 200 words in length.Response for question 3 should be at least 200 words in length
Book being used for the Scholarly Activity question 1-3 is Ginter, P. M., Duncan, W. J., & Swayne, L. E. (2013). Strategic management of health care organizations (7th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Identify and explain what HIPAA covers and the penalties for noncompliance. Who is subject to HIPAA requirements?
- You are returning to your office from lunch, and you pass by the nurses’ station on the floor. When you get a little closer, you notice that there are a lot of people staring at some information on the screen. When you ask them what is going on, one of the nurses tells you that John Morris, a heartthrob celebrity, is staying in the hospital for treatment. None of the nurses looking at his records are actually treating this patient. None of the nurses are going to sell or leak the information, but they were just curious about his medical history.
Is this still an example of a breach of patient confidentiality? Why, or why not? How would you handle this situation? What, if any, laws have been broken in this incident? Your best answer will include any valid defense that could be raised by the nurses.
- We have discussed many different forms for patient records and maintenance. How does the development of new technologies impact patient privacy? Provide specific examples and identify potential problems with health informatics
- A patient of the medical practice where you work is demanding his original x-ray films. You, as the receptionist, have explained to him that you can send them to another provider and give him a copy of the paper report that explains the results of the x-rays, but you cannot give him the original films. The patient is getting angry and demands you give him the actual films. He tells you, “They are mine; I paid for them.”
Response for question 4-7 should be at least 200 words in length.Book being used isFremgen, B. F. (2016). Medical law and ethics (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.