Questionnaire and Interview Assignment | Homework For You
Conventional ways such as questionnaire and interview to find out public opinions on certain topics are time-consuming. Based on Milgram (1967)’s “small word experiment”, later researchers try to seek out a word-based method by looking at words in social media to justify public sentiment in specific issues. For share prices, they are proved to be predictable by using social media’s data such as main-stream news, Facebook and Twitter (e.g. Li et al., 2017). Use Thompson Reuters Eikon’s relevant function to do the required analysis below.
(1) Pick up a firm from FTSE100 list, and find out the firm’s share prices for the most recent 1-year. Show the firm’s share prices movement with dividend information and earnings surprise information (if there is any) in Financial Chart of Eikon. Snapshot the chart that is created in Eikon and copy and paste it in your assignment.
(2) Use News Monitor to find out relevant news over the most recent 1 year. Snapshot the first results with headlines and copy and phase it in your assignment (the time range for that searching results should be shown up).
(3) Use Social Media Monitor to check the firm’s monthly social media sentiment over the most recent 1 year (or as early as you could find out if shorter than 1 year), alongside with the firm’s peers’ social media sentiment (at least 2 other firms to be compared with).
(4) Use proper methods to find out the firm’s fundamental information such as revenue, EPS and liquidity ratios, and also create figures for these items over last 3 years. Compare these fundamental information with the firm’s share prices movement and discuss the relationship between fundamental items and the firm’s share prices.
(5) Use proper method to compare the firm’s share prices movement with the firm’s social media sentiment. Jointly with all information above, critically discuss the relationship between relevant factors such social media sentiment and fundamental information, and firms’ share prices. Get Economics homework help today