1) Which of the following measures of central location is affected most by extreme values?
D. Geometric mean
2) Which level of measurement is required for the median?
3) Which level of measurement is required for the mode?
4) In a set of observations, which measure of central tendency reports the value that occurs most often?
D. Geometric mean
5) The weighted mean is a special case of what?
D. Geometric mean
6) A sample of 5 companies were examined for changes in their relative market share. The results showed the following increases and decreases: –5, 10, 10, 5, –10.
7) The difference between the sample mean and the population mean is called the
A. margin of error
B. population standard deviation
C. standard error of the mean
D. sampling error
8) A local trade union consists of plumbers and electricians. Classified according to rank:
Apprentice Journeyman Master Total
Plumbers 25 20 30 75
Electricians 15 40 20 75
40 60 50
A member of the union is selected at random. Given that the person selected is an electrician, what is the probability that the person is a master?
9) Suppose a population consisted of 20 items. How many different samples of n = 3 are possible?
10) The mean and the variance are equal in
A. the normal distribution
B. the binomial distribution
C. the Poisson distribution
D. the hypergeometric distribution
11) In the 1936 Presidential Election Franklin D. Roosevelt defeated Alfred E. Landon in a landslide vote. A Landon victory had been predicted by the Literary Digest, a magazine that ran the oldest, largest, and most widely publicized of the polls at the time. The Digest’s final prediction was based on 10 million sample ballots mailed to prospective voters, and 2.3 million were returned. The sample of voters was drawn from lists of automobile and
telephone owners. Despite the massive size of this sample, it failed to predict a Roosevelt victory, being off the mark by 19 percentage points. The Digest was wrong because
A. the sample size, although large, was not large enough
B. the right research questions were not asked
C. respondents intentionally lied about their preferred candidate
D. the sample used was not representative of the actual population at the time
12) In a study on the effect of reinforcement on learning from a company online training program, two experimental treatments are planned: reinforcement given after every learning module, or reinforcement given after every two learning modules. Reinforcement is accomplished with the addition of more examples. Which one of the following control groups would serve best in this study?
A. A group that does not read any of the learning modules.
B. A group that reads the modules using hardcopy only.
C. A group that reads the learning modules, but does not receive reinforcement.
D. A group that reads the learning modules with random reinforcement.
13) The central limit theorem is important to market researchers because it states that as sample sizes increase, the distribution of the sample ________ collected from consumers on any topic of interest being researched approaches the normal distribution.
C. standard deviations
14) To find confidence intervals for the mean of a normal distribution, the t distribution is usually used in practical applications instead of the standard normal distribution because
A. the mean of the population is not known
B. the t distribution is more effective
C. the variance of the population is usually not known
D. the sample size is not known
15) We wish to develop a confidence interval for the population mean. The population follows the normal distribution, the standard deviation of the population is 3, and we have a sample of 10 observations. We decide to use the 90% level of confidence. The appropriate value of to represent the level of confidence is
16) Which of the following is a correct statement about a probability?
A. It may range from 0 to 1.
B. It may assume negative values.
C. It may be greater than 1.
D. It cannot be reported to more than 1 decimal place.
17) The special rule of addition is used to combine
A. independent events
B. mutually exclusive events
C. events that total more than one
D. events based on subjective probabilities
18) We use the general rule of multiplication to combine
A. events that are not independent
B. mutually exclusive events
C. events that total more than 1.00
D. events based on subjective probabilities
19) A discrete variable
A. is an example of a qualitative variable
B. can assume only whole number values
C. can assume only certain clearly separated values
D. cannot be negative
20) A nominal scale variable
A. usually involves ranking.
B. cannot assume negative values
C. has meaningful zero point
D. is usually based on counting
21) The ratio scale of measurement
A. usually the result of counting something
B. has meaningful zero point
C. may assume negative values
D. cannot have more than two categories
22) In the world of market research, the use of a questionnaire often plays a vital role in gaining useful business intelligence because
A. it is a structured technique to collect secondary data
B. it represents a way to ask anything you want from respondents and receive valid information
C. it does not need to be tested
D. it can be used in conjunction with other techniques such as field interviews and focus groups to maximize data input
23) A Type I error is
A. the correct decision
B. a value determined from the test statistic
C. rejecting the null hypothesis when it is true
D. accepting the null hypothesis when it is false
24) In a two-sample test of means for independent samples, we use the z distribution when
A. the population standard deviations are equal
B. both populations have at least 4,000 observations
C. both population standard deviations are known
D. nB and n(1-B) are both greater than 5
25) Which of the following is a requirement for a two-sample test of proportions?
A. The population standard deviations are equal.
B. Both populations are positively skewed.
C. Both samples are at least 30.
D. nB and n(1-B) are both greater than 5.
26) Bob is interested in opening a candy store in his town. He believes that his customers will spend an average of $75 or more in annual purchases (the alternative hypothesis). Bob hires a consultant to test this belief. The consultant tested this conjecture on a sample of 100 customers and found the p-value for the test statistic satisfied p > .25, then
A. you would not reject the null hypothesis
B. you would reject the null hypothesis for alpha= .01
C. you would reject the null hypothesis for alpha= .05
D. you would reject the null hypothesis for alpha= .10
27) A carefully designed business experiment has just been concluded. Unfortunately, use of alpha = .05 indicated no significant differences among four treatments. What useful information can you supply future investigators when you report on this experiment?
A. The means are different but their variances are the same.
B. The estimated variance (and its df) can be useful to future investigators.
C. Pair-wise tests can be conducted to show significant differences.
D. Significant differences can be reported by changing the type I error rate from .05 to .10, .20, or whatever is needed to declare significance.
28) A correlation matrix
A. shows all simple coefficients of correlation between variables
B. shows only correlations that are zero
C. shoes the correlations that are positive
D. shows only the correlations that are statistically significant
29) The multiple standard error of estimate is
A. the measure of variability to the prediction
B. negative when one of the net regression coefficients is zero
C. found by calculating SSR/SS total
D. the measure of accuracy of the prediction
30) A dummy variable or indicator variable
A. may assume only a value of 0 or 1
B. is another term for the dependent variable
C. is a quantitative variable
D. is a variable at a ratio or interval level of measurement
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.